Boot camp install Windows 7 problem

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by VAGHS, Mar 1, 2014.

1. VAGHS macrumors newbie

I prepared a bootable USB from the Windows 7 install DVD using Wintoflash. When I inserted the USB and launch boot camp assistant to click "continue", a message popped up saying something like "this computer need 64bit Windows install disk". ls it because my install disk is 32bit Windows & and my iMac late 2013 does not support?

I did not even get the screen where I can slide around to allocate space for my boot camp Windows. Is this normal? Thanks for any advice!

2. freeuser macrumors regular

64Bit needed

all newer Macs only accept 64Bit installs!

3. barbaraberry macrumors newbie

Reply:boot camp install Windows 7 problem

If you are using boot camp built , you will not be able to install Windows Vista 64-bit, because it will not have the driver requirements to run properly. If your computer infect the virus,you can use the YAC to clean it!

4. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Please clarify, what is boot camp built- are you just talking about boot camp? OP is installing Windows7, not Vista.

Here's my question for the peanut gallery which might help the OP. If you have a key for Windows 7 does it matter if it is for 32 or 64 bit Windows? If so, then the OP could download 64bit Windows from online sources and use the key he has. Problem solved?