Boot Camp: Want Mac Paritition Larger

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Tingababoo, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Tingababoo macrumors newbie

Hi,

I've seen cases where people want the Window's side larger, Image it- Delete the partition and repartition. I have the opposite problem. I wish to make the Mac side larger.

Currently operating approx 20% Leopard 80% Vista and I want to switch that around to 80% Leopard and 20% Vista.

I have certain programs on Vista that I would like to save so I would like to avoid deleting the partition whole. I read about Camptune but didn't trust it after reading reviews.

1. Is there anyway to re-partition without deleting either partion
    2. If not, can I delete the windows partition and take back to space for Leopard? Or does it just remain free space but not claimed by Leopard? How do I claim it back to 100% Leopard?
    3. If I need to delete both partitions and start over, how do I go about that?

Thank You

2. rfrankl macrumors 6502

Bump. I would like to know the answer too. Thanks.

3. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

The only way I know of is to use WinClone to create a backup image of the Windows partition. Then use BootCamp Assistant to delete and recreate the Windows partition at the new size. Use Winclone to restore the Windows partition.

However, for Winclone to resize the Windows partition (to fit the new size), it must be formatted as NTFS. I've only increased the partition size using this method, but I would assume it can also shrink it - provided there are no files in the space being removed.

I've used WinClone many times now, with 100% success rate. I'd suggest reading their user guide thoroughly, of course, before using.