Boot camp working perfectly with new mbp - Links to all drivers

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by keitaro85, Jun 6, 2007.

1. keitaro85 macrumors member

2. whateverandever macrumors 6502a

Thanks, needed the audio drivers.

I want proper video drivers, though, so I can overclock :(

3. Help! macrumors regular

Which drivers did you use from laptop2go? I got an error due to a missing file in the 101.19 download. Are you using XP?

4. keitaro85 thread starter macrumors member

5. Sbrocket macrumors 65816

Sbrocket

I dunno if this is just me, but your links don't work except for the middle one. The ellipsis is screwing up the URLs.

:apple:

6. keitaro85 thread starter macrumors member

7. Help! macrumors regular

8. Freyqq macrumors 68040

audio drivers u posted don't work

edit: nvm I installed it over a 2nd time and it worked fine.

9. Shanesan macrumors 6502

Shanesan

Windows just for gaming? Why don't you use Crossover?

Cheaper and you don't need to seperate space for a Windows installation...

DirectX 8 and lower supported so far it seems (no DirectDraw).

10. ZTuned macrumors member

Ok, I have a MBP with the 8600M GT, running 32bit XP and I can't get this driver or any of them to work. What am I doing wrong? You said that you "replaced the inf file" what does that mean? Whenever I try to install the driver it says it can't locate a driver suitable for my hardware.

This really sucks, I originally purchased the MBP with the X1600 and I had no problems whatsoever, it worked flawlessly on XP. I exchanged it to the new MBP 8600m GT for free and now nothing works for sh*t! Please help...

11. keitaro85 thread starter macrumors member

in the link, download the INF file. Copy that inf file to where the .exe extracted itself. Then run setup :)

12. ZTuned macrumors member

Ok, so I download the driver from that link, extract it to say Folder "A". Then, I download the "Modded INF" file from that same link, and drop it into Folder "A" replacing the original INF file. Then, it should work?

13. mavere macrumors member

For the audio drivers, what's the difference between R1.67 and R1.68? They have completely different descriptions.

Has anyone found a Vista 32 graphics driver that works for sure yet?

14. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

How long is it till Apple usually releases Bootcamp updates after releasing an upgraded machine? :confused:

15. Sbrocket macrumors 65816

Sbrocket

A Boot Camp update is in the testing pipeline now, so it shouldn't be long. Maybe a surprise release for WWDC or something. Anyhow, these drivers are at least a stop-gap solution for people who need to get Windows installed for mission-critical applications. I'm running 32bit XP on a new 15" 2.4GHz MBP both natively and in both Parallels and VMware, so it works.

:apple:

16. keitaro85 thread starter macrumors member

Yup

17. keitaro85 thread starter macrumors member

I just used the 1.67 that says windows XP

18. Freyqq macrumors 68040

I can confirm that all these drivers work. I now have audio, video, and ethernet working.

stuff that isn't

mic
    isight
    probably more

but mainly everything that is crucially important works =)

19. mk-argon macrumors newbie

I've installed several different drivers including the 101.17 version. None seems to work. They produce artifacts on the display when running the nVidia Control Panel program and when I try to load anything graphical e.g. BF1942 the whole system locks up. I looked at the driver information page under display properties and its reporting 512mb of VRAM, could this be the problem? Is the driver mis-configuring the chip or is it a more sinister hardware problem? I'd like to think I really have got 512 of VRAM but I do suspect this could be the problem. Does anyone else have this problem?

Andrew

20. unclepain macrumors member

What about Airport drivers, keyboard etc? Do I still use the 1.2 Bootcamp drivers for those items?

21. Trepex macrumors 6502a

Trepex

Will there be signed 64-bit drivers eventually to allow Vista 64 to run??

22. legaleye2005 macrumors member

I just installed Vista on my BRAND NEW MBP and when I try to run this game I just bought (Command and Conquer Tiberium Wars), it give me an error when starting saying that DirectX should be installed and check your video card. Well, DirectX is installed... So i'm guessing Apple hasn't included the new video drivers yet for the new card in the MBP?

Anyone have a video driver that works for Vista? I saw the XP driver posted earlier in the thread...

Any info on release for updated drivers? Thanks!

23. keitaro85 thread starter macrumors member

You can go to the laptop2go site and they have vista drivers. I know CNC3 works there.

As for gaming on XP, it's dead right now :(. My whole system locks up also. I think I'll just install vista cause I know the games worked there.

24. legaleye2005 macrumors member

I appreciate your quick response. Can you tell me which one to download for Vista 32bit that would work with the new MBP (because it says nVidia 7700, when macbook pro has the 8600m gt)...? Thanks :)

25. tobyg macrumors 6502a

The only thing I found is it doesn't recognize all 4GB of ram. Vista and XP (Both 32 bit) both only recognize about 3GB of ram, 2.98GB actually. I haven't messed with any /3gb options yet, but I'm not sure that will help. OSX correctly identifies all 4GB of ram. 3GB of ram under XP/Vista should be sufficient though. More than the 2GB I had with my Macbook!