Boot Priority

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Stridder44, Apr 7, 2007.

1. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

So this is kind of an offbeat Windows question, so sorry if this is the wrong place for it, but I have an HD thats partitioned. Both have Win XP Pro installed on them.

My problem is when I installed XP on the second partition, it suddenly became first boot priority. I want the other partition's OS to be the first boot priority. :mad: I've looked around in the BIOS but couldn't find anything to change it.

2. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Since you're looking around in a BIOS, I'm assuming you are not on a Mac.

It's been awhile since I've dealt with that issue, but my recollection is some BIOS cannot be set to boot to a partition - only to a drive. It'll then boot on the first one (like C: before D:).

If this is actually on a Mac, with BootCamp, use Startup Disk to set the boot volume. There is a Startup Disk app for Windows that gets installed with the other BootCamp drivers.

3. Stridder44 thread starter macrumors 68040

Stridder44

Ah that makes sense. However the drive I wanted to boot on is C (the other being D). Yeah Im not on a Mac either (sadly) so good call :cool:.

I was just curious if there might even be some app out there that could control this.