Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bu78

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 4, 2014
Hey, I'm just wondering which boot screen you have? There's a black and white bootscreen. I think it depends on the models. The newest Macbook's got a black boot screen and the older ones got a white boot screen. And if so is it possile to change it?
Some stupid little question, but i'm just curious.

berker

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2014
I guess it would not be available to change the boot screen, at least officially.

However, I can tell you that on my Late 2011 MCP 13", it is the one with white background/black Apple logo!

bu78

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 4, 2014
I am using a macbook air 2011, white background and black apple logo.

bu78

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 4, 2014
anyway it's in beta stage ;)

----------

black looks definitely better. i'd like to have it on my macbook air 2011.

SmOgER

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2014
It does look like all the new models have black boot screens, while the older ones, probably up to (and including) 2011 models (Intel HD3000) have the white boot screen.

VacantPsalm

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2010
I had the black one for a while, but once I set it to boot into Mavericks by default I have not seen that screen. I have a retina Macbook Pro.

I hope it's based on whether you have the dark theme or the light one in the GM. That would be cool.

SmOgER

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2014
White boot screen - Late 2012 Macbook Pro

So...

(?) Black boot screen for MACs from 2013 and up / OR / MACs in production

Anyone with a white boot screen with 2013+ machine or a black boot screen with older machine to break the trend?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.