Boot speed on mavericks

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by fizzler, Oct 24, 2013.

1. fizzler macrumors member

I have a 2013 MBA and have noticed significantly reduced boot speed since upgrading the OS. Has anyone else had the same issue?

2. jonasdamn macrumors 6502a

Yep noticed too and shutdown for me is longer, going for a clean install, will check if something changed

3. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

Why would you care about boot speed? Really. Explain to me why boot speed is of any importance whatsoever.

4. Tanax macrumors 6502a

If you don't like to put it in sleep mode every time.

5. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

You just close the lid when you don't use it, and open the lid when you use it again. Where's the problem? If you have habits that are wasting your time, you shouldn't complain about the wasted time, but change that habit.

6. ItHurtsWhenIP macrumors 6502

How dare you use rational logic on an internet forum full of OCD weirdos!

Who do you think you are to make perfect sense in the "face" of nerds, geeks and whackadoos that are so set in their ways they still shut down computers for no reason when they'll be using them again tomorrow?

For shame..

7. gooddeal macrumors regular

gooddeal

Many people like me don't need to use a laptop every day. I only use my laptop 2 or 3 times a week and I hate to charge it all the time.

8. DisplacedMic macrumors 65816

i don't understand this attitude at all. it's advertised as an 11s bootup, so that's what it should do. if it's not then something is slowing it down and he would like to know what that is. what's the problem?

I hardly ever shutdown my macs, i just put them to sleep. From time to time I need to shut it down or reboot & I always enjoy how quickly it boots up when I do. If I noticed a significant delay in that bootup time I would probably try and explore why. Nothing to do with time-management.

9. DisplacedMic macrumors 65816

I can't speak for others, but personally I'd prefer those "OCD weirdos" to rudeness.:rolleyes:

10. iterva macrumors regular

+1 ;)

11. JUiCEJamie macrumors 6502a

JUiCEJamie

12. Ifti macrumors 68000

I performed a standard upgrade.
    Boot speed fo rme is the same.
    Shutdown speed is much quicker.

13. iterva macrumors regular

Also standard upgrade.
    Boot speed seems the same.
    Shutdown speed might be a tiny bit quicker.

Just my initial impressions, have not done any "scientific" testing on this (nor will i do any). :p

14. Tanax macrumors 6502a

Perhaps they don't want to waste battery? If they don't use the computer that much or if they just want to start fresh every time they use their computer, shutting down completely is the only way.

So just because people uses their computers in different ways, they get mocked and called OCD weirdos?