Bootcamp: Cannot Recognise CD/DVD

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by ICEBreaker, Aug 17, 2008.

1. ICEBreaker macrumors 6502

Dear gamers,

I've been trying to install PC games on my bootcamp partition but a couple of them seem to have the same problems.

I've been able to install them without any problems. However, when I try to play them, they insist I have inserted the wrong CD/DVD. I have no problems on my PC with the same game.

Does anyone else have this bizarre problem whereby the Mac can't recognise the CD/DVD during licence checking? Thanks.

JC

2. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

3. ICEBreaker thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh I see. Thanks...

Not sure why it happens for several (not all) of my games from various publishers.

4. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

It sounds like the games that don't work are probably SecuROM, you should look for support with SecuROM and your publisher.

It could be a problem with drive emulation software, if you have Daemon Tools, disable it temporarily, also if you have two drives there may be some conflict.

What Mac do you have?

5. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Sorry for the unhelpful post. Not messing with you. If you find a solution, please post. Thanks!

6. ICEBreaker thread starter macrumors 6502

Hi Chone, thanks for your post. I don't think my games require any security. I don't like to use the original discs so I make CD-R copies, or DVD-R copies and use those instead. I understand you can't do that with newer games, but all my games are quite old. I have no problem playing games in this manner on my PC/XP, but I want to play it on my iMac (alu), since it has a larger screen. Unfortunately, I have the problem described. I'll take a look at SecureROM and actually try the opposite and use Daemon tools.

That's OK Huntn. I don't mind your reply at all. It's important for me to know whether my problem is unique or whether I am missing an important point about Bootcamp that everyone else knows about. So it's good to know that you have no such problems.

7. maccompaq macrumors 65816

maccompaq

8. ICEBreaker thread starter macrumors 6502