Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AGuerrav

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 2, 2012
Medellin, Colombia
I have a SERIES 0, with the last UPDATE it has happened to me twice, that when starting the clock it stays stuck in the white logo of APPLE and only responding again with the force restart, anybody have experimented this issue and how have you solved it?

Reactions: PR1985

LoveToMacRumors

macrumors 68030
Feb 15, 2015
Canada
I have a SERIES 0, with the last UPDATE it has happened to me twice, that when starting the clock it stays stuck in the white logo of APPLE and only responding again with the force restart, anybody have experimented this issue and how have you solved it?
Same problem, series 2, watchOS 4.3

AGuerrav

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 2, 2012
Medellin, Colombia
This is very bad, because I thought it was a RAM problem (i own an AWS0), my new AW its coming next week, I'm going to get really mad if this issue its replicated on my new AWS3 :mad:

Hrti

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2013
My three week old AW3 Sport got stuck on the apple logo while rebooting a day or two after installing watchos 4.3. Had to force restart multiple times to get it to boot. I've not had any other problems with it, and it's worked just fine since the boot problems a couple of days ago.

TransPNG

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2013
Hong Kong

Got the same issues with S0.
It also drop a lot of power during stuck in switching on.

Reactions: PR1985

GoSUV

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2008
Hong Kong
Same here, happened to me twice already since updating to wOS 4.3. SS series 2. At first I thought the watch was bricked, but then after trying the hard reboot it seemed fine. Several days later I turned it off at night and restarted it in the morning, same problem, so doing the hard reboot it was up in ~3 minutes. Must be some bug. Now I avoid turning it off at night.

Lennyvalentin

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2011
I've had my S0 hang once when taking it off the charger; it got stuck in nightstand mode and did not respond to touchscreen input or button presses (short of forced restart). It booted right up after and has continued to function normally for a number of days/charge cycles though, so right now I'm writing it off as a one-time fluke.

Other wOS versions have had occasional hiccups like this, so I'm not seeing any type of pattern here - personally anyway. YMMV, and so on of course... :)

PR1985

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2016
Germany
Guys? For the engineer it is a hardware defect. They send me a box to send my watch in. Repair or exchange.

PR1985

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2016
Germany
I`m sure. He made an exception. Call Apple and describe the issue. You don´t get the engineer instantly. The lady I spoke to, informed him about the issue and forwarded me to him. We talked. He had to inform himself about something. He called me back and said hat he could not clear everything but for him it is a hardware issue and he decided. This watch, which I have hear is already an exchange for one with a swollen battery.

Repair or exchange. I asked if they would send me a Series 1 maybe. He said, that he thinks, that there are still Series o left for exchanges. If not I`ll get what they have.

I´ll keep you posted guys.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.