Bootloader question???

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by polishmacuser, Dec 15, 2007.

1. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

The new OTB 1.1.2 iphones have the new bootloader right will apple update the bootloader with a simple update causing every iphone unlock able. i just wanted to know. Im using ipsf i wonder if it will survive with a simple patch.

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Apple will most certainly NEVER update the bootloaders on iPhones.

The reason is that if the update screws at any point during the update, your iPhone will become a permanent brick that not even Apple will be able to unbrick.

The reson why it will become a permanent brick if the update fails is because a broken bootloader or malfunctioning one for whatever reason will not be able to start running the Baseband or OS, which is what runs the device.

Moreover, a bootlaoder update is risky and too costly is anything goes wrong, which will most certainly happen to many.

3. polishmacuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

thanks man for answering my question it took like a week or so but you answered it so i have no fear of updating for the next update. Hey by anychance do you know if for sure iphonesimfree is resistant to updates?

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

iPhone SimFree as far as I know (because I use it) is update resistant