Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Borg vs. Cylon's

• Cylon's

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Borg

Votes: 38 88.4%

• Total voters

Gonzo3333

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 30, 2009
Chicago, IL
O.K. I promise I won't bother everybody with another one of these threads for a while.

The Borg from Star Trek the Next Generation vs. the Cylons in the most recent version of Battlestar Galactica. It is almost too tough for me to decide but I have to go with the Cylons

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Feb 9, 2010
Borgs might not be able to assimilate Cylons since they are not full-biological beings. They never were able to assimilate Data and furthermore OH MY GOD IM NOT REALLY TYPING THIS AM I?

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
Borgs might not be able to assimilate Cylons since they are not full-biological beings. They never were able to assimilate Data and furthermore OH MY GOD IM NOT REALLY TYPING THIS AM I?

But is the Cylons brain locked from forcibly going after it's files? The Borg were able to manipulate his technology (skin graft, enable emotion chip). So they could likely build another Data. Just not get Data's data.

the-oz-man

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2009

This right here . . . this is the funniest thing I've read on MR for a long while! Tears in my eyes laughing!

snberk103

macrumors 603
Oct 22, 2007
An Island in the Salish Sea

It's Friday afternoon - I think there are - hang on a sec - 9 of us looking for something better to do than whatever it was we should be doing. I've got a cold one waiting as we type, eh? :D

Update: Now it's ten.
Update: Up to 15 now.

Cabbit

macrumors 68020
Jan 30, 2006
Scotland
Borg would win obviously, assimilate all.
I would hate to see how awesome an assimilate cylon raider would be.

dXTC

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Up, up in my studio, studio

Chortle. Snicker. LOL. What have you.

However, you bring up an interesting point. This would only intrigue the Borg more, as they would want to assimilate the bio/mechanical integration technologies to augment their own.

If the Cylon armies prove resistant, the Borg will adapt their strategy thusly: The original series' Cylon leader was mostly organic and thus not heavily armored. The Borg transwarp into close range, giving the Cylons no advance warning of attack, beam in (the original Battlestar Galactica didn't have transporter beam technology, so the Cylons couldn't anticipate this either) and quickly assimilate the Cylon leader, which is mostly organic and thus not heavily armored. Things go downhill quickly for the Cylons after that.

steve2112

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2009
East of Lyra, Northwest of Pegasus
Until the Borg get some drones that look like this, the Cylons win. :D

Attachments

• capricasix.jpg
    capricasix.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 244

awmazz

macrumors 65816
Jul 4, 2007
The Borg already lost against the Cylons (in the future). Earth humans are part Cylon descent.

Borg vs Stargate Replicators would be a good match up.

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
Borg vs Stargate Replicators would be a good match up.
The Borg would assimilate the Replicators and the Replicators would use the Borg to create more Replicators. They'd battle for a long time until neither side could tell who was who (Kind of like Dr Seuss' Sneetches). In the end, neither side would lose as they'd just become one large race. The only losers would be everyone else.

I put way too much thought into that.

Mousse

macrumors 68040
Apr 7, 2008
Flea Bottom, King's Landing
Oh, yeah? So Stormtroopers, possibly the worst marksmen ever are going to win at anything? Please . . .

According to Obiwan Kenobi, the only shots worst than Stormtroopers are Sand People. "And these blast points, too accurate for Sand People. Only Imperial storm troopers are so precise." Funniest quote in the entire movie and he managed to say that with a straight face.:eek:

Anyhow, back on topic. The Borgs win easily. They won't even bother assimilating inferior Cylon Tech. A single Borg cube tore the Federation fleet a new one at Wolf 359 while taking zero damage. They were kicking Federation tush again at Sector 001 until Big-E showed up. Picard used insider knowledge and the combine firepower of several dozen Federation warships to win (First Contact).

Borg Tech > Federation Tech > Cylon Tech > the Thirteen Colonies Tech.

The Cylons had a hard time against a numerically and technologically inferior opponent. They have no chance against the Borg.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.