Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nygiants242

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 11, 2007
Hi all,

Very excited to (likely) buy a pair this week. Any general feedback? Overall reviews seem fantastic.

Second question: do these EVER go on sale? Just can't find them below the $349.99 anywhere.

Thanks!

Krabba

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2013
Charlotte, NC USA
I've had mine for about 6 months now and absolutely love them. Had both the SoundLink's and 25's but really wanted the combination of wireless plus noise cancelling and the 35's nailed that for me.

And no, you won't find them less than $350 for a couple years.

Cowmonk

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2014
Edinburgh
I love mine. This past weekend I wore them for 25 hours of 31 flying back from Australia to UK. The flight was horrendous but the headphones were amazing. They cut out the noise of the engine so well. The comfort is amazing (sleeping with them on!)

Without bluetooth on (i.e. no available devices - so just NC) the battery seems last an actual age (mine are still at 60%?!).

Kristine

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2005
Another one that loves their QC35's. I actually just picked up a pair for my partner for Christmas.

nygiants242

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 11, 2007
Awesome. Thank you! Feel even more confident. I guess part of me was thinking of holding out for W1 integration? But pairing is quite easy for me and I don't bounce that frequently between devices. Think I'll just pull the trigger.

leehal

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2009
Awesome. Thank you! Feel even more confident. I guess part of me was thinking of holding out for W1 integration? But pairing is quite easy for me and I don't bounce that frequently between devices. Think I'll just pull the trigger.

I had mine for a week and sold them, I found them too claustrophobic and had connectivity issues, if I covered the ear pieces with my hands the connection would drop.

They weren't for me, all about personal taste. I bought some wireless B&W P7s after owning the wired versions.

Daranx

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2016
London
Love mine, got the silver version and I'm astounded by the battery life and simplicity of these headphones. There are a few more competitors worth looking into before you pull the trigger such as ones by Sony and Sennheiser, each of those have added features you might like, such as the ability to control the ANC (you can't turn it off on the Bose when using it wireless). Sound quality might not be to your taste on the Bose, but that's always subjective. For me, these headphones fit the bill perfectly and are so so so comfortable.

It's a lot of money to spend, so I'd recommend you try out a few different ANC headphones first.

Reactions: Alhagar

TopToffee

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2008
I won a pair for scoring top on the product training course for my new job (I'm in medical device sales). Literally the best welcome to a new company ever.

I'd certainly say pull the trigger, they're great headphones

Reactions: BrianSoCal

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
Does anyone here with high-end wired headphone experience care to add a comparison between a top wired headphone and the QC35? Generally I hear sound is sub-par on Amazon, while many critics have rated it high for a wireless headphone.

Diiiiips

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2011
I've been tempted by these but don't think I can justify the cost just for daily use in the gym and a couple of flights a year.

DeLoMan

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2008
I bought them on the Delta Skymiles page by cashing in some sky miles. I just used them on some long international flights and I love them. Great sound quality and comfort.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Does anyone here with high-end wired headphone experience care to add a comparison between a top wired headphone and the QC35? Generally I hear sound is sub-par on Amazon, while many critics have rated it high for a wireless headphone.

I would highly recommend trying the Sony mdr1adac/b, they can be had on Amazon for around $215. They imho are an absolute steal for the price. They have a lightning connector and regular one for listening to other devices of which I have many.

The QC35 while very good just were not worth it regarding the price. Sound quality is subjective but the Sonys do not leaving me wanting more considering their price.

BB has a set of Sonys in their Magnolia section, not the aforementioned ones exactly but after I heard them I knew I had to try the ones I purchased.

fanta88

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2015
I have the QC35s and a bunch of wired headphones/earphones (HD650, AKG 712, se846, se415, Momentum v1, Grado SR325e, Beyer DT1350, SRH940) and amps.

The only wired headphone I think the QC35 beats as far as sound quality (for me) is the Momentum v1. The others are all better than the QC35s (to be fair, it's not a like-for-like comparison as some of my headphones are open, etc.).

That being said, I think the QC35s are the best headphones Bose has ever made (better than the 25s IMHO) and possibly the best wireless headphones I've ever used. I think they're fine for listening to music/streaming from the iphone -- I dare say they, not the airpods or any of the beats phones, are the best head/earphones for the iphone 7.

Reactions: steve31

dojoman

macrumors 68000
Apr 8, 2010
If you don't need noise cancellation feature get B&W P7 wireless. You will be blown away, trust me QC35 sound so underwhelming after hearing these. P7 is passive noise cancellation.

clerkp

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2015
If you don't need noise cancellation feature get B&W P7 wireless. You will be blown away, trust me QC35 sound so underwhelming after hearing these. P7 is passive noise cancellation.
This. Not even close. P7 is THE best BT on the market today.

nygiants242

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 11, 2007
I appreciate the responses! And the P7 recommendation. I bought the QC35s to try them out for a bit and just had a transcon flight to SF (with another trip to Europe coming up). The noise cancellation may be the game changer and tip the scale here. I realize other headphones probably have better quality - I wasn't BLOWN AWAY by the Bose but they are great - but spend a fair amount of time on planes.

It was even helpful to have to watch movies on the seatback entertainment screen but with the Bose noise cancellation on. No need to max-out volume with poor sound/distortion, and much easier to hear what was going on.

clerkp

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2015
Sounds like you made the right choice. I recently sold my QC35 in favor of the P7 in part because I don't spend a ton of time on planes. But, I recently flew with the P7 and I will definitely state that in that environment, the Bose really makes a difference. It really is amazing technology. For 99% of my usage, I don't need the active NC but when you need it, it really makes a difference. Enjoy them.

Daranx

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2016
London
You've made a good choice, and if it suits your use-case, it's the right choice. So, enjoy!:cool:

anticipate

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2013
I have the QC35. Amazing. Mostly because of the noise cancellation. The sounstage isn't THAT much better than the airpods that I also have (deep bass excepted), but the NC is stunning. And they are very comfortable to wear.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
ahh, I wish I would have seen this earlier. As someone who has owned both the QC35 and the Sony MDR-1000, the Sony's not only sound better, but have some really nice gesture features. They are Bose killers right now.
[doublepost=1482344515][/doublepost]
This. Not even close. P7 is THE best BT on the market today.

I agree with this, but if you need the noise cancelling feature the Sony's are the way to go.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.