BOT CSW Erroneous Error? - tell Kai ERROR MESSAGE

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Zlobnick, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Zlobnick macrumors newbie

Zlobnick

Hi guys!

I had this random system restart I experience every now and then when using Adobe Premiere/AE on El Capitan with nVidia GPU. It’s a less known bug/glitch, happens on multiple machines (two 2,1s and one 5,1) - some info about it in this thread http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/macpro-nvidia-lock-and-crash.1971764/. But today, after one of those restarts, the system wouldn’t boot. I got this strange error message and no startup sound. The message was appearing line by line, one second apart.

After a PRAM reset computer booted back and everything was fine (OK, i had to re-enable nVidia driver because it booted with OS X drivers due to PRAM reset). Anyone knows what the hell does this BOT CSW Erroneous Error mean? Google finds prety much none info about it. It’s too weird and I’ve never seen it before. Should I be worried?

Btw, when I’m not using Adobe software machine runs rock solid for weeks and even months.

The machine is original MacPro5,1 12-core@3,46 GHz, 64 GB RAM, GTX 980 4 GB flashed.

Thanks! :)

2. ActionableMango, Aug 11, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2016

ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

The Nvidia drivers crashing Adobe apps in El Capitan is a known problem. An Adobe staff member suggests a temporary fix in this thread until "the powers that be" can sort it out.

As for the error message, that's a weird one. The only thing I can make of it from Google is that it is related to USB mass storage (CSW=Command Status Wrapper and BOT=Bulk Only Transport), which I found here. All I can suggest is trying to boot up in verbose mode to see if there are any additional clues, and/or remove all your USB storage devices to see if the problem goes away.

Good luck!

Oh, and if you know anyone named Kai, you should obviously tell him.