Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

w00tini

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2008
i just sold my MBA for $1175 on ebay with the USB superdrive and replaced it with the new aluminum macbook. still eying the new MBA's though, that new GPU is going to make it a killer laptop

zer0tails

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2008
Canada
i just sold my MBA for $1175 on ebay with the USB superdrive and replaced it with the new aluminum macbook. still eying the new MBA's though, that new GPU is going to make it a killer laptop

congrats :D Looking forward to a review from you on the new macbook ;)

NC MacGuy

macrumors 603
Feb 9, 2005
The good side of the grass.

$1175... Hmmm. I think I may list mine at $1k to get rid of it quickly. Will probably be returning my new MB and getting Air rev. 2. Can't seem to handle screen issues.

How long did it take to sell your Air?

six.four

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2008
$1175... Hmmm. I think I may list mine at $1k to get rid of it quickly. Will probably be returning my new MB and getting Air rev. 2. Can't seem to handle screen issues.

I've been monitoring macbook airs on ebay for a while now.

I can tell you if you have a buy it now setup @ $1k and it is in pristine condition and you have a good rating, you will sell it within an hour - $1k is undervalued - and a fantastic bargain for those who take advantage of cashback. BIN's on ebay for MBA's are very rarely at 1k or below.

I think a fair market price is around $1100 for a pristine condition MBA with no accessories.

purplewarlock

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2008
I switched from the MBA (1.6/80HD, bough on 2nd week it came out or so) to the new Macbook (2.0) a few days ago.

I'll probably try selling my old MBA on Craigslist. It's in so-so condition (has a few minor scratches, and 8+ months of heavy use). Nothing is broken or disfunctional, except I have had heat issues when I tried to play World of Warcraft on it (which I ended up not playing too much on it due to speed issues).

Basically I wanted to switch to something that could play WoW very nicely, and multi-task Parallels(Vista) for some specialized software unfortunately I have to use occasionally which doesn't run on Mac.

I was really tempted to grab the MBA Rev B, but was thinking really even with the new graphics chip, I didn't want to take any chances on it if there were still heat issues on it. Maybe Rev C + once SSD prices come down further that might be another story.

I don't know what to price my MBA at, (I'll sell my external superdrive + a 2nd magsafe connector with it too), right now I'm thinking $950.

I really love the new MB, so far it works extremely well, and I'm having fun with it. I'm curious to see MBA Rev B's graphics + heat performance though.

six.four

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2008
I switched from the MBA (1.6/80HD, bough on 2nd week it came out or so) to the new Macbook (2.0) a few days ago.

I'll probably try selling my old MBA on Craigslist. It's in so-so condition (has a few minor scratches, and 8+ months of heavy use). Nothing is broken or disfunctional, except I have had heat issues when I tried to play World of Warcraft on it (which I ended up not playing too much on it due to speed issues).

Basically I wanted to switch to something that could play WoW very nicely, and multi-task Parallels(Vista) for some specialized software unfortunately I have to use occasionally which doesn't run on Mac.

I was really tempted to grab the MBA Rev B, but was thinking really even with the new graphics chip, I didn't want to take any chances on it if there were still heat issues on it. Maybe Rev C + once SSD prices come down further that might be another story.

I don't know what to price my MBA at, (I'll sell my external superdrive + a 2nd magsafe connector with it too), right now I'm thinking $950.

I really love the new MB, so far it works extremely well, and I'm having fun with it. I'm curious to see MBA Rev B's graphics + heat performance though.

It really depends on how bad the wear and tear is. If its just a few scratches, no dents or any serious damage, you should be able to get $1k + shipping pretty easily on ebay. 1k on craigslist should be sold easily.

All of the craigslist MBA listings in my area are $1200+. Not a single one under 1k.

w00tini

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2008

hi there,

i just did a 5 day auction and let it ride. smooth transaction. i have a 100% feedback rating with 93 transactions in eight years... that all helps.

good luck with your sales people. though i have to admit, it was hard parting with the little sucker :(

i'm probably going to get the second generation at some point in the next year if the chips fall in place :d

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.