Bought a new router only Apple products will not stay connected?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Airforcekid, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Airforcekid macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

My Att modem stopped working and they offered me a 2wire Att modem and router. To my disappointment it only supports G/B no N. Intialley I only changed the DNS server and did a firmware update. I connected two iPhones an apple tv and an iPad my boxee box and my MacBook air iMac and a windows computer. All my iOS and lion macs connect to the wifi but stall after 30 seconds or so of inactivity. This does not happen with boxee or windows. I changed the security to wpa2 enabled b/g networking and upgraded power setting from 4 to 10. I have also reset network settings on all iOS devices. Also the router has assigned all the devices ip addresses their named show up under active connections. Thanks for any help! Sorry if grammar is bad wrote this on my phone.

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

You should try sticking an Apple sticker on the router and see if it helps.:eek:

3. Airforcekid thread starter macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Would be nice to cover up the giant Att logo.

4. brucem91 macrumors 6502

I believe I've had the opposite problem on this router, the mac's would connect with little to no problem, but my Dell wouldn't connect at all. Went to a friends apartment with same router, Dell still won't connect. I don't know if you are willing to do it, but my fix was to just disable wifi and plug it into an airport express we had lying around from our last apartment. It doesn't have to specifically be an airport, any router will do. Maybe if you are lucky a friend may be willing to at least let you test a router to see if it would work if you don't have an extra one lying around. But anyway, good luck!

5. Airforcekid thread starter macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

That's what I thought of doing too bad it defeats the all in one purpose though. Wish I didn't do an impulse buy paying $150 for a G router was a big mistake.