Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

parseckadet

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2010
Denver, CO
I suppose you're right but the OP didn't show too much enthusiasm from the start even based on his Thread title "I bought an Apple watch, now what?" and calling the messaging feature "bland".

My gut still says this is a return in the making.
He wasn't calling the entire messages feature bland, just that the default canned suggestions. Overall he said he was "Loving the texts and stuff." Considering that list is configurable, you could have helped him get a better experience. Instead you effectively told him to get lost.

This forum used to be welcoming and about helping people when they had problems. Now it is too often a place where people look to attack others first and never bother to ask questions.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
He wasn't calling the entire messages feature bland, just that the default canned suggestions. Overall he said he was "Loving the texts and stuff." Considering that list is configurable, you could have helped him get a better experience. Instead you effectively told him to get lost.

This forum used to be welcoming and about helping people when they had problems. Now it is too often a place where people look to attack others first and never bother to ask questions.

How long have you been on these forums? Were you here when the sub was riddled with "I'm returning my Apple watch " or "I won't be buying an Apple watch because" threads day after day for weeks?

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
I was referring to the Mac Rumors forums as a whole, and my recollection goes back to before the Apple Watch.

We get a fair share of threads from people who genuinely need help or have questions about something compared to people who just come here to trash talk Apple or complain about every feature.

aberrero

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2010
I used to think it was just people on this forum that had this attitude, but I experienced it in real life as well a couple days ago. Was at an Apple Store waiting for an appointment and the guy next to me starts asking about my watch and "what you use it for". I asked him if he was thinking about getting one and he said he already had one but doesn't see a reason to wear it. It's a pretty commoners long toward the watch as far as I can tell.

aberrero

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2010
I used to think it was just people on this forum that had this attitude, but I experienced it in real life as well a couple days ago. Was at an Apple Store waiting for an appointment and the guy next to me starts asking about my watch and "what you use it for". I asked him if he was thinking about getting one and he said he already had one but doesn't see a reason to wear it. It's a pretty common response toward the watch as far as I can tell.

Last edited:

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
I used to think it was just people on this forum that had this attitude, but I experienced it in real life as well a couple days ago. Was at an Apple Store waiting for an appointment and the guy next to me starts asking about my watch and "what you use it for". I asked him if he was thinking about getting one and he said he already had one but doesn't see a reason to wear it. It's a pretty commoners long toward the watch as far as I can tell.

Had a similar experience. I was at the Apple Store and this guy started asking me questions also about what I use it for and I took the time to explain it to him and he had this "meh" attitude about it the entire time. This is what I mean when I say it's not for everyone.

ilian92

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2012
I suppose you're right but the OP didn't show too much enthusiasm from the start even based on his Thread title "I bought an Apple watch, now what?" and calling the messaging feature "bland".

My gut still says this is a return in the making.

Yeah and either way, some people get enthusiastic about new tech and others not so much - just the way it is. And if the OP, or anyone else, decides to return their watch - so be it.

But anyway, no hard feelings. :)

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Yeah and either way, some people get enthusiastic about new tech and others not so much - just the way it is. And if the OP, or anyone else, decides to return their watch - so be it.

But anyway, no hard feelings. :)

None at all man :)

Betsy30

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2010
I absolutely love it for reminders. Since it's on my wrist it's always with me and I never miss a reminder. Setting the timer is a breeze, too, and very handy.

Obviously not for everyone, but I've been using OmniFocus for years, mostly for work. I'm planning to retire in a year or so, and figured I wouldn't be using it any more as it's pretty high-powered for my simple personal needs. I didn't even buy the last upgrade. The watch changed that. Keeping up with my todos and even grocery lists is fun on the watch. (I tried some dedicated grocery apps and you couldn't even check off items you'd bought, wth??)

audirs5

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 20, 2014
Incredible how pathetic this site has become. The answers here are just.... Wow....

I was asking what else are you using your watch for. What should I use it for besides the generic ****. Something Cool I'm missing... ****ing christ, everyone here is so defensive on this.

audirs5

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 20, 2014

Sums it up. Don't worry dude. appreciate the help and back up but some bitter apples here. It's a watch. Move along.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.