Bought an iPhone, UPS still says:

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by snake101st, Aug 1, 2008.

1. snake101st macrumors regular

"Billing information received." The guy I bought it from sent it last thursday and the email from UPS said the scheduled delivery was today (Aug. 1st).

What's going on? My crappy razr that I got for free is dying (gets like 3 hrs. battery life) and I need a new phone for my junior year in university. Now I have to wait the whole weekend? This is torture!

Has this happened to anyone else? Will it magically appear monday, or is this a problem with UPS?

2. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

dont know what to tell you bro but itll be worth the wait. you buy a 1st gen or 3g off him?

3. profetto macrumors regular

4. dakdag macrumors newbie

I ship over a thousand packages a day with UPS and "billing information received" means that a label was run and UPS received the info electronically but there is no package. As soon as the package gets to UPS and is scanned "billing information received" changes to arrival scan and then starts the sort process. I would tell your shipper that he owes you money and he either hasnt given UPS his package or they lost it on the way to the terminal.

5. calpolygraduate macrumors regular

calpolygraduate

6. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

I "thought" UPS delivers on Saturday or I could be mistaken.. sometimes they're scheduled delivery date is a day or so off...

Did they try to deliver it but no one was there to accept it??

7. snake101st thread starter macrumors regular

So you're saying it hasnt shipped yet? I talked to the guy on the phone and he said he gave it to UPS... it better have shipped! I think I remember this happening once before, but... it wasnt an iphone so I didnt care as much. :D

And I made sure to be here during the time they would deliver, so thats not an issue, but even if Im not here, they always leave it.

This guy better not have scammed me, I talked to him on the phone and he seemed nice enough. The first time I tried to buy an iphone (on craigslist) I got scammed, still waiting for the credit back, but I went ahead and bought this one since I need a phone. If so... good thing I used paypal!

Bad luck?

8. calpolygraduate macrumors regular

calpolygraduate

"Billing Information Received" could mean they filled out a form online and UPS never picked it up, until it shows in TRANSIT or UPS picked up, I would be worried. CALL HIS ASS and say "WHERES my 3 jEEEEEEEEEEEZ BITCH"

9. dbell macrumors member

This is a common scam.

They fill out the online shipping request and it gives a tracking number putting the status into "Shipping information received" It holds the buyer off a few days so they can scam a few more people and transfer funds with the same account before they get reported to ebay, paypal, etc.

10. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

dont worry, i OWN a UPS store(of course not a HUB but a store), and ive also had this problem with clothes, pretty much it means that he filled out the form, but it isnt in UPS's hands..

11. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Don't worry because he filled out the UPS form (probably electronically) several days ago but hasn't actually given the item to UPS?:confused: You are kidding?

12. Romanesq macrumors 6502a

Romanesq

he's down to three or four buyers....

This is the end of the process where the scammer sends out the information to UPS which they log into their system.

It's the shipment that is never picked up, shipped or received. :eek:

13. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

Another vote for "UPS doesn't have your package yet".

So there's no chance anything is getting delivered today, since UPS doesn't even have the thing yet. You should call UPS and verify that they indeed DO NOT have your package yet and then call the scammer and demand to know why UPS says they don't have your package.

How did you pay for this item? Paypal?

14. snake101st thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah paypal.

Darn it, I cant believe the guy would do this, he seemed like a good guy.

The only reason I wasnt worried thus far is because the original email from Paypal and UPS said the scheduled delivery date is Aug. 1st... if it said Billing Information Received the whole time, then yeah Id figure he didnt hand it over. Its kind of confusing. And aggravating.

Here's part of the email from paypal:
    "Shipping Company: UPS
    Shipment Tracking Number: 1Z80XXXXXXXXXXX

The seller has provided the following Order Status information for your review:

Order Status: Shipped"

And UPS:

"Scheduled Delivery: 01-August-2008"

15. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

The easiest thing to do is simply call UPS to see if they have the physical package. If not, you know the seller is lying. If they do, then just wait it out.

16. snake101st thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah I called UPS and it said billing info received as well. I couldnt find out how to talk to an actual human to find out if they actually have it or not. :/

Edit: Pressing 0 a bunch of times worked, I got to a guy that didnt sound too happy.

Im pretty sure he just typed in the tracking number, and didnt actually do anything, but he just said "Nope, we dont have the package."

:(

17. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

In the past, I have received the golf balls i ordered from Ebay before the UPS website even said that it was shipped.

18. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

Call the seller and tell him that you are worried because you called UPS to check on the status and they told you that they didn't have the package. If his an honest seller, he won't mind talking to you again.

19. snake101st thread starter macrumors regular

I called him earlier and he didnt pick up, possibly because he lives in california and it was early over there, but I left a message and will call again later.

I really do hope this is UPS messing up, because I dont want to have to go through the paypal process again.

Thanks for the help so far anyways, guys.

Edit: Oh yeah, and this is a first gen 16gb, I paid $300, I forgot to mention that. I didnt want a 3g because I like the look of the first one better, and because I dont want a data plan (my house and uni have wifi).

20. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

21. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

Sorry to tell you this, but as an experienced ebay user and as a person who buys a buttload of crap online, things do not look good for you.

I've had situations where the status would be stuck on "Arrival Scan", but that can happen easily if a worker decides to get lazy and not scan when it's out for delivery.

But if it just says "Billing Information Received", UPS doesn't have your package. :(

22. snake101st thread starter macrumors regular

The seller/shipper just emailed me back. He said:

"Hey xxxxx..

hey yes it was shipped.. i dropped it off at a ups outlet. ill call ups and the outlet and let you know whats going on... sorry."

Maybe the outlet messed up? My ups place sucks, too.

Hopefully it works out... or he could be lying again. We'll see.

23. View macrumors regular

To make you feel better, this happened to me once. I think I bought it from Amazon or some other reputable seller online, and UPS tracking page kept saying the same thing. I finally got the package on time, and the tracking page just skip from "Billing information received" to "delivered"

It was just UPS tracking system was not up to date. But it only happened to me once though.

PS. I like FedEx a lot better :D

24. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

You should tell him if he doesn't figure out what is going on by close of business on Monday you want your money back.

There's no way the UPS store simply sucks. I have used the UPS store in 3 different states when shipping stuff and have never once had an issue. It seems very uncharacteristic of UPS to simply have not shipped or to have lost your iPhone package.

Let us know how it goes, good luck.

25. MasonMI macrumors regular

If you used paypal to pay for the iphone i would file a report with them for non receipt of product and possible fraud that way the process can get started usually UPS will say billing information received and then picked up if it only says billing information received he may have just did an online fake ticket to UPS, at least you can try and get your money back through paypal.