Bought an OEM iPhone 4 back, it's messed up, company won't respond. HELP!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iBreatheApple, Sep 17, 2011.

1. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

I'll try to make this a short story.

•bought iPhone 4 OEM backing because I shattered mine from applepartsstore.com, looks very legit.
    •got the part, there is a gap between the panel and back on the top left where it pulls away slightly so I contact them for exchange.
    •they contact me the next day via email asking me to try 'this and that' to try and fix it (i.e. make sure all parts in iPhone are in place and not protruding)
    •after 4-5 back and forth emails over a day or so, they ask me to confirm my shipping address
    •2 weeks pass, nothing. I email them asking the status of the exchange.
    •another full week passes (I'm being quite patient) NO response or item
    •this repeats for about 3 more weeks
    •It has now been 6 weeks with NO response to any email and no new product

Even if it was sent to the wrong address or something, they have not responded to me since. They have no contact number, and no email address (well I can reply to the original email) but the site just has box to send your message. I was EXTREMELY patient and in the most recent email I was *SLIGHTLY* nasty. What do I do?! I don't care if I get a refund or exchange, I just want something. I don't know what to do at this point.

2. noteple macrumors 65816

If you bought it paypal file a complaint.
    If you bought in on a credit card tell the card company its damaged and reverse the charges.

If you need a part try ifixit.com

They are legit, they do respond, they can be contacted.

If have NO connection or interest in ifixit other than I have bought parts in the past and been satisfied with their support.

3. bizzle macrumors 6502a

You could have just went to the Apple store where they replace it for $30.

4. iBreatheApple thread starter macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

+$100 in gas money. :rolleyes:

However, I wasn't aware they did that.

5. SR71 macrumors 68000

If you have AppleCare they fix it for free, actually lol. Got the back of my iPhone 4 fixed in about 10 minutes. Quick and easy, and since iPhone's come with 1-year of AppleCare out-of-the-box, you can just walk in and get it fixed (so long as you've got an appointment at the genius bar). :)

6. iBreatheApple thread starter macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

There is no way the standard year covers accidental....

7. SDub90 macrumors 6502a

It doesn't, but *USUALLY* when you're honest with the genius, they replace it anyway.

8. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

True that. I got my first iphone replaced for free when i was honest with the genius and told him i intentionally dropped the phone on the floor to prove to someone what a sturdy case i have.

9. disarticulate macrumors regular

10. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

11. Ace134blue macrumors 6502a

Ace134blue

File a complaint, i would have just went to the apple store.

12. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I know some phone companies offer replacement insurance if you accidentally lose or break your phone. Is this coverage available for iphones? As previously stated by another contributor, if purchased through ebay or paypal they are very good at refunding for misrepresented parts.

13. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Send them a message saying you are going to the police unless they respond within 2 business days. I was once in a similar situation and did that and they responded almost immeditatly.

In the future research sites you buy from abit more.

14. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

There are no such parts available in the wild. Everything available from a third party is an unauthorized copy. The only OEM parts are available through Apple Service Centers.

You can probably still get your device repaired by Apple.

-t

15. iBreatheApple thread starter macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

The thing is the closest apple store is about 3 hours away. If I DID decide to do that, does anyone know how much an Apple Store would charge if they didn't do it for free?

16. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt