Bought Bumper and a refund was processed, was that my free case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mbrown5, Jul 22, 2010.

1. mbrown5 macrumors newbie

So I bought a bumper for my new iPhone 4 before the announcement was made to give free cases to those who bought it. So I thought, ok well I already bought the bumper, so now I'll get a free third party case. Today however I noticed that my bumper has been processed for a refund. When Steve said he'd refund people who bought the bumper, I thought that he meant he would if that's the case you choose. In other words am I no longer eligible to choose a third party case? Has my choice been made for me?

2. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

I believe you already made your choice when you decided to buy that particular case. Apple is refunding your purchase price, so you now have a free case. You can't keep the bumper AND get an additional case - that's two free cases.

The only way you can change your case would be if Apple allowed you to return and exchange your bumper case for another.

3. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Everyone who bought bumpers is getting refunds wether they wanted it or not. Our only choice now is to actually buy a case if we want one.

4. matthewhotdude macrumors regular

There is just no pleasing some people.

The third party cases will probably only be knock offs of the original Apple bumper anyway.

5. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

Got mail from Apple about the refund. I'm pretty happy about it. :)

6. mbrown5 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

come to think of it I can always use the money I get back to buy whatever third party case I was going to choose.

7. CJisohsocool macrumors 6502

duhhh... even i got that and im blonde.