Bought My First Apple Computer!!!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by svalentine, Sep 22, 2007.

1. svalentine macrumors regular

I thought I would put my $100.00 store credit from the iPhone to use, so here it is:

iMac, 24-inch, 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Extreme
    Apple Keyboard (English) + Mac OS X
    750GB Serial ATA Drive
    2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Extreme
    2GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM - 2x1GB
    SuperDrive 8x (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
    Built-in Display
    Apple wireless Mighty Mouse
    Accessory kit
    AppleCare Protection Plan for iMac - Auto-enroll

Ships by: Sep 25 - Sep 27
    Delivers by: Sep 27 - Oct 2

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Congratulations on your first Mac :) I'm sure you'll be very happy...

3. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

4. davekarn macrumors 6502

Wow that's almost the exactly same set-up I'm gonna get too. Except I'm ordering through the $1799 option and then upgrading to a 2.8 chip, so that I'm not paying for 2GB of RAM when I will be just taking out the 1GB that the $1799 option comes with for the 4GB I bought off of OWC. Can't wait to order mine though either!

5. blackscooby macrumors 6502

blackscooby

WOW i'm impressed, $100 rebate and Apple's just got that back :D
    $100 or 50 pounds... erm just spent that on gas today (weekly gas bill :mad: ~ bloody UK prices)

6. svalentine thread starter macrumors regular

7. steveoh macrumors newbie

steveoh

i was so impressed with steve jobs' effort to satisfy his customers that i went ahead and purchased my first mac too (imac and macbook). needless to say, i am very satisfied with my new purchases.

8. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

On the contrary: it's $100 less profit margin they made on the sale of a computer.

Way to brag there. :D

9. redraidermacman macrumors regular

i spend about $35 every 3 weeks or so on gas, but gas in my area is pretty cheap, about 2.50/gal average.....so i guess that would be... about $.83 a liter

10. iDAG macrumors 65816

iDAG

U R going to love the world of Mac OS X on that great new iMac!

11. grafikat macrumors 6502a

grafikat

Welcome to the world of Macintosh! Get use to some strange things...the Apple key, No Blue Screens of Death, Lack of nasty viruses, No Daily updates to patch the OS..... :D

12. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

The  key is history. It's just the command key.

13. jczubach macrumors 6502

jczubach

Are you nuts??? You gave up Microsoft, unease of use, spyware, viruses, what are you on??? :eek::eek::eek:

14. peeaanuut macrumors 65816

congrats on the new mac. I am on round 2 of mac ownership. Took a 3 version step into windows and exited at system 7.5. Now Im back and loving it. i dont ever see going back to windows again. You will enjoy it and be more productive. I already am.

15. iDAG macrumors 65816

iDAG

Once u go Mac u don't go back no matter how hard you try!:)

16. WannaGoMac macrumors 65816

You should have waited a couple weeks for Leopard. Saved $129

17. psychsplash macrumors newbie

I just got my first mac as well, though I went with the 2.4ghz. No blurry screens, yellow tinting or any of the potential problems that I read about before making the switch from my unassuming (yet pretty reliable) laptop running XP. Gotta say that I am stoked to be learning the mac and loving the operating system, ease of use and aesthetics of this machine (pride of place in the lounge room currently!).

As a complete aside, thanks to all those who post in these forums. I read a great deal of the topics in here before making the swap and people's discussion around all the different topics made for great research material.

18. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

19. je1ani macrumors 6502

What? Why didn't you wait for Leopard? You're going to have to shell out another $100 anyways lol you just canceled out your rebate haha

20. gormond macrumors regular

That's high for even the UK, think you better get a Prius :D

21. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

I think, hope not

I would suspect that buying a new iMac this close to release of the new OS would get you a free or cheep upgrade path.

Perhaps those with past experience could help us out.

22. peeaanuut macrumors 65816

why does everyone have to put down his purchase. Is it no longer enough to purchase a mac but now the way you purchase the mac is important too? People are assuming that everyone is going to upgrade or even have a need to upgrade to the new OS. Lets congratulate the OP for making the move to mac and let him/her decide if it was financially correct or not. The purchase was made so I am guessing that the OP is happy with their purchase. So congrats and enjoy!

23. svalentine thread starter macrumors regular

The reason I bought the iMac before Leopard is bundled with it, is because I need a new computer now. I expect that Leopard should be discounted for me, but if not I don't mind spending $129 bucks for a full operating system, compared to several hundred for Windows Vista.

Also, I think for now 2GB of RAM should do me good, thats why I went that route. I know I have the 4GB 3rd party option out there for about $200 or less, still much cheaper then buying the upgrade through Apple. The only stupid thing I think I did was order it on the weekend, meaning not much work on it will be done yet. :p LOL I hope I get it this week! :)

24. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

Holding out

I think I am going to skip on the ram upgrade until 4gig chips come out in volume.