Brains or Beauty?

• Total voters

wimic

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 24, 2006
calgary, alberta
The ageold debate... yet again.

Brains over Beauty? Beauty over Brains? If you had to choose - what would you pick?

M. Malone

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2004
vniow said:
Whatever gets me laid.
yep, that's it, but you don't want it lasting longer than a month where you try to have a conversation, some are just too dumb, you can't talk about anything! like wanting to test a child in multiplication when he still doesn't know how to add.

pianoman

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
does it have to be either/or? i look for both, but i will say that i am more inclined to woo beautiful women over brainy women. although, being smart is rather attractive. i like someone who can argue with me :)

beatsme

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2005
wimic said:
The ageold debate... yet again.

Brains over Beauty? Beauty over Brains? If you had to choose - what would you pick?
brains make them beautiful, but the physical attraction has to be there, too. It isn't usually just one or the other...

EDIT:
a more interesting question would be brains, looks, or money...

ZoomZoomZoom

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2005
Well, I would rather be with an interesting, intelligent person who's ugly than a beautiful person who's completely empty headed. But that's typically not the case.

I'm Asian, and (I'm going to generalize here, sorry) most Asian girls are decently smart. So in most cases, although there are dumb ones out there, I can have a good time, good conversations, and find interest in most of the girls I know. So, beauty is a greater factor for me, because very few people are polar to where they are very good looking + super stupid, or vice versa.

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
I voted 'Brains', but I guess what I mean is the person inside the body not raw IQ. Of course beauty is important as it's what attracts one person to another in the first place in many instances. I've spent a lot of time looking at 'beautiful' women and many of them have been empty shells, then bam out of the blue I met a woman absolutely bursting with personality/pizzaz/that indescribable quality that makes looks an irrelevance. Of course I'm incredible lucky as this amazing person just happened to be gorgeous to boot:)

The truth of it is, l've loved her from the first second I met her.