Brand new iPad came up with a screenshot

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iamapanda, Nov 5, 2016.

1. iamapanda macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,
    I just bought a brand new iPad Mini 4 earlier today and after setting it up (going through the whole process of setting up the account, Touch ID and everything), I went to the Photo Album and saw a screenshot of the "slide to power off" screen that was taken on September 1st.

Pretty odd but any chances this is not a brand new device or anything wrong that I should worry about?

Thanks guys

2. Shirasaki macrumors 604

Shirasaki

Where do you buy this iPad from? Apple Store?

3. Coolpher macrumors regular

Coolpher

4. iamapanda thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey guys, bought it from an electronic retail store. But the iPad came with the regular plastic wrap and I went through the regular first time setup as well, which makes me wonder how a screenshot could have ended up here.

5. Coolpher macrumors regular

Coolpher

Was it 100% sealed on the outside it's possible the retailer sealed it up again what electronic What was the screenshot of

6. Commy1 macrumors 6502a

Commy1

May have been a factory test? There have been photos off factory workers found on new iPhones in the past?

7. tromboneaholic macrumors 65816

tromboneaholic

Did you sign into iCloud photos? If so it could be a screenshot you created on another iPad...

8. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

If the screen is without any defects, just keep it. The end.

9. GizmoDVD macrumors 65832

10. psingh01 macrumors 65816

just cause it had plastic wrap doesn't mean its new. retail stores can shrink wrap a package again and it looks good as new.

11. iamapanda thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey guys thanks for helping out. It was a screenshot of the "slide to power off" screen. And no, haven't signed to iCloud Photos.
    And I went through the setup process without signing to iCloud so that's mainly why I was wondering how a screenshot could have ended up on the iPad after setting it as "new" with no backup whatsoever.

Thanks!

12. joeblow7777 macrumors 603

I think he just wants to know if anyone can explain how this might have happened and if he should be concerned that he may not have gotten a new device.

13. Eric5273 macrumors 6502a

If the box was sealed, I would guess it was a screen shot taken by accident during testing. Unlike most manufacturers, apparently Apple actually tests their products to make sure they work before shipping them.

14. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

Yes they can and do. In fact shrink wrap machines can be bought for cheap at various auction sites. Just a heads up next time you see a nice new "factory sealed" box.

15. Donka macrumors 68020

Donka

Take it back to the store with the receipt and ask them to explain how it came with a screenshot taken before the date it was purchased.

16. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Go to Apple website and see when the warranty started.

17. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

Umm...provide feedback to the OP. If you actually read the OP's first post, they were asking for feedback.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 10, 2016 ---
    Agreed. That's what I would do. They might even offer a replacement pending the store.