Breaking T-Mobile Contract

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Rye Rye Rocco, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Rye Rye Rocco macrumors newbie

Is there any way to get out of my T-Mobile contract without have to pay any fees?

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Nope. You signed the contract, so you're obliged to follow it.
    Call and ask how much your fee is. It might not be that bad.

3. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

Depends on the reason. If they are failing to perform (promised coverage in your area and there is not) you might be able to.

If it's just so you can get an iPhone 4S then you may be SOL without paying a fee.

4. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Move out of the country
    Move out to the middle of nowhere where there is no T-Mobile service
    Join the military (which might help facilitate one of the above options)
    Die

Take your pick.

5. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

If they make a material change to the terms of the contract you have the choice to cancel. At least here in the UK, but that's a pretty basic contract law point in many jurisdictions- you only agree to what you agreed to! If you get an email saying "we are changing our T&Cs" read it carefully, they often give you 28 days or so to cancel in the small print, they don't expect you to read it! I used this once to negotiate a contract price increase once (not a mobile one though).

6. merccyyy, Oct 31, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2011

merccyyy macrumors newbie

merccyyy

Sorry the only way you can opt of your contract is if service is no longer available where you live but customer service and technicians will try to work with you on getting your service working.
    Moving out of the country will no longer work even if you are a servicemen/service woman where you are only able to put a suspension to do military service and wait it out. You are still binded by contract to fulfill your two years of service.

Now the only thing I could suggest is if you only have half a year to within 60 days of your contract end date, you could do a seasonal suspension and make sure to pay the $7 iirc to have the contract be active and be fulfilled without paying your full service fee and within the 60 days the ETF drops to I believe $50. Its your call but seasonal suspensions are only able to be done with customer service and for 90 days in which youll have to call again to fulfill the suspension after 90 days. Its up to you, drop me a private message if you have any other T-Mobile questions.

Also, if its an issue where you dont think you ever signed a renewal on a "free" upgrade or anything of that sort where your data plan increased in price, they'll have every copy of the contract whether it was verbal over the phone or in store with the point of sale system. Can't really get out of a contract to be honest.

-Phil
    T-Mobile USA Sales Representative