Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iGeek2014

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2014
=== Nowheresville ===
Mine's just alerted for the first time since updating to Watch OS3 this morning.

I guess it'll help for stressful situations. Might have to turn the volume down as the alert was much louder than expected!

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Let me preface my post with that I don't have watchOS3 yet, so I'm basing my opinion only on what I've seen and read.

I think that whole breathe app/reminders/philosophy is something that might be useful in day to day living for some folks, but I think its completely unnecessary on the watch.

Leo90

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2014
Switzerland
I am loving this new app. I do mindfulness breathing for more than year and the part I struggle the most is to start meditations and focusing. The app helps me start my meditation by "tricking" my mind to focus on the breath and the taps. After that, I keep my meditation as normal.

redrog

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
Aha! That worked, i've got a totally new My Watch screen with extra options to fiddle with. Thanks all.

Reactions: mthomas184

kilcher

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2011
My wife teases me about it but I really do like this app. It's amazing what a minute of deep breathing and relaxation can do. My one complaint, and this is kind of a big one, is I'd rather set it to pop up at certain times of the day. For instance, in the car on the way to work (7:00), on my first break (9:30), at lunch (12:30), on my second break (2:00), on the drive home (4:00), and before bed (9:00). Since most of us have structured days it seems like it would be much more convenient to set actual times vs. every X hours.

Reactions: gemnilocs

davetal

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2016
I have turned off all notifications for this and I still get notified every 4 hrs. I want it to stop but it keeps coming.....

RodThePlod

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
London
My wife teases me about it but I really do like this app. It's amazing what a minute of deep breathing and relaxation can do. My one complaint, and this is kind of a big one, is I'd rather set it to pop up at certain times of the day. For instance, in the car on the way to work (7:00), on my first break (9:30), at lunch (12:30), on my second break (2:00), on the drive home (4:00), and before bed (9:00). Since most of us have structured days it seems like it would be much more convenient to set actual times vs. every X hours.

I've just set it as the first icon in my dock. So it's easy enough to access whenever I want a quick session...

BrodieApple

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2015
I love it, I don't get very stressed but it calms me down even more and I find it oddly satisfying

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010

You can put its Complication on watch face and start manually any time you want.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
I hadn't done meditation in years, but this app has gotten me motivated to start again. I'm liking the reminders it gives me to meditate. Easy enough to ignore if I'm busy, but good to get reminders to get into the habit again. Same thing with Activity rings -- helps me keep up with daily walks to fill the rings, instead of staying in all day just because I'm not motivated to go out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.