Bricked iOS 10.2 Jailbreak (can't boot). Is there a common fix?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by TylerDeBois, Feb 15, 2017.

1. TylerDeBois macrumors newbie

So this is a stupid issue. Today I was installing BioProtect and when Debian started to install it, my screen went black. I pressed the home button and I noticed that most of my apps, including Cydia, had disappeared. So I decided to preform a hard reset. Now, my phone won't even boot up (bricked). I suspect that the installation was in the middle of stashing (I have stashing installed from CoolStar) which is why all of my apps were not there. Any ideas on how I can fix it? Thanks
    --- Post Merged, Feb 15, 2017 ---
    Some experiments, my phone connects to my Apple Watch while booting. On my watch, I can access twitter and things alike that require data. In addition, I can also ping my phone from my watch and the sound actually plays. When I plug it in to iTunes, it recognizes the phone but requires mr to put in my passcode

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

DFU Mode restore/upgrade as new. Google DFU restore and how to do it. Note that you will be in DFU mode only when the screen is black.

Once the phone is restored/upgraded restore from your last backup, assuming you had one.

Kiss your jailbreak goodbye.

3. TylerDeBois, Feb 15, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2017

TylerDeBois thread starter macrumors newbie

Damn! I really wanted to keep it! Alright, well, back to the developer betas I guess lol
    --- Post Merged, Feb 15, 2017 ---
    Can I save my SHSH blobs now and try to restore it back to 10.2

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Someone else may have a better idea (possibly SSHing into the phone, assuming you had installed SSH) but usually if you can't get it to boot it's time for a restore.

5. TylerDeBois thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the help!

6. Mgrern442 macrumors newbie

How did you get the developer betas?????

7. Manatlt macrumors 6502a

If you never saved your SHSH blobs before Apple stopped signing 10.2, you're screwed. :(