Bricked iphone stuck on plug into itunes error 3002

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by axil23, Oct 26, 2010.

1. axil23 macrumors newbie

Got a iPhone which is stuck on the plug into iTunes to restore screen. The problem is that I am not sure what software its running as of now. I don't want to update from Apple as that will put on 4.1 with the updated baseband.

I have tried to run Tiny Umbrella but it won't give me the option to save my SHSH. I have activated Tinyumbrella and tried to back up the iphone with a downloaded 4.1 that won't update the baseband but Itunes gives me a error 3002 when I try and restore it with tiny umbrella activated in the back ground.

What are my options?

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Your iphone is NOT bricked... You can't get a Brick stuck on a loop.

This thread have almost infinite amount of stuff you want to try to get your phone out of recovery mode.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1029521&highlight=brick

3. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

you didn't brick your iPhone!
    for the custom 4.1 fw, did you use the DFU mode from inside PT? 4.1 Custom Fw can only be installed from a mac since you need to put the iPhone in DFU mode from inside PT... (this is all assuming you are not talking about an iPhone 3G)

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

yeah another I bricked my Iphone thread! :D always fun! relax we will walk you through it . I found allot of threads goggling error 3002 Itunes or Iphone error seems to be the result of Blobs that are not saved and no longer signed by Apple. sure there are lots of threads of how to put it in DFU mode.. good luck TS but relax you will get it restored but we might have a little fun at your expense too. ;)

5. axil23 thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess I am a newbie then as I thought that the term "bricked" meant that it was not working.

Ok so let me give you a run down of where I am at. I have tried this on a mac and a PC now and bot times I get the error 3002 immediately after iItunes has unpacked the update.

The main issue is that I was trying to update it yesterday and once I thought it had gone through but without Tinyumbrella running in the back ground. So I immediately unplugged it in the middle of the software update.

Now its always stuck in the plug into itunes screen when it comes on. When I try and update it gets stuck on the error 3002.

If I update through apple then the baseband gets updated which means no unlock.

What should I do? Anyway to reload the software it to 4.0.2 and then I can Tinyumbrealla to update without changing the baseband.

No back of P's has been made as far as I know.

6. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Have you even said what type of phone you have? I cannot find that information in the Thread.

If you have IP4 then download the 4.1 IPSW and get tiny umbrella TSS running put the phone in DFU mode Option restore with a MAC.

If you have a 3GS see if pwnage tool can detect the phone. Download the 4.1 IPSW and create a custom IPSW, and restore with the Pwnage DFU mode.

7. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Assuming you have your 4.0.2 SHSH on file or saved locally, put your phone in DFU mode and restore to 4.0.2 using TinyUmbrella to sign the firmware.

If you have an iPhone 4, you can then use TinyUmbrella to upgrade your phone without updating the baseband. If you have a 3GS or 3G, TinyUmbrella will not preserve your baseband.

8. axil23 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry... Its a iPhone 4.

I have tried the Restore option through Mac. By Option restore do you mean alt + restore? I have tried this and still got the error.

9. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

You have to put your phone in DFU mode.

10. axil23 thread starter macrumors newbie

I am afraid I don't have the SHSH saved. It was my sisters phone. Anyway to reformat it to 4.0.2 without these?

11. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

No. But, since you have an iPhone 4, you can just put your phone in DFU mode and use TinyUmbrella to restore to 4.1. That will avoid upgrading your baseband. Again, you must put it in DFU mode.

12. axil23 thread starter macrumors newbie

I did that. That is where you hold both the buttons for 10 seconds right? It reboots and goes back to the same screen if I hold it for 10 seconds exactly and after 15 seconds its reboots and goes back to the same screen too.

By the same screen I mean the plug into iTunes.

13. axil23 thread starter macrumors newbie

But isn't that what I am doing? It gives me the photo of plug into itunes.

14. polobreaka macrumors 6502a

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1034

15. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

That is not DFU mode, that's recovery mode. In DFU mode, your screen will be entirely blank. Follow these instructions.

And lest you come back here and say that it won't go into DFU mode, let me give you in advance the only possible answer: try again. Unless the phone is physically broken, any failure to go into DFU mode is entirely user error. In other words, you're doing it wrong. You may think you've done it perfectly, but your timing is off. Keep trying; you'll get it eventually.

16. axil23 thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't have access to a mac anymore... well not till the weekend. Is this possible via a PC?

17. labman macrumors 604

labman

there are tutorials on Iclarified for using both greenp0sion and Limera1n with tiny umbrella and keeping your baseband other wise the only other option is Sn0wbreeze I would not recommend it though. also not many people here use it so you won't get much help.. there are tons of how too videos on youtube you can usually tell by number of views and the comments if it's any good!

18. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Just one point to make a note of. When you have successfully entered DFU and the restore through Tiny Umbrella starts it will eventually fail with a 1004 error. Do not worry about that it is suppose to happen. Use the option in Tiny umbrella to kick it out of recovery and you will be in good share. The error is because the baseband does not update, and that is what you want.

19. axil23 thread starter macrumors newbie

You were right I wasn't getting it into DFU mode.

This time how ever I did and it still gave me the 3002 error.

This is what I did.

1. Started iTunes
    2. Started TinyU
    3. Re-started iTunes
    4. Plugged into PC
    5. Succesfylly put it into DFU mode. Screen is black and itunes told me it detected a phone
    6. Clicked shift and restore, directed iTunes to the 4.1 file
    7. Ran through the unpacking stage and fails with 3002 right after it hits 100%

FYI - The software is corrupt so the iPhone doesn't even go to the home screen it just comes on with the plug into iTunes.

Please help...... Is there another way? Plssssss

20. axil23 thread starter macrumors newbie

Another thing I just noticed right now is that I am unable to save my SHSH. Tinyumbrella says that it has detected a phone in recovery mode and does not give me the option so save my SHSH.

21. vanboi macrumors newbie

Try "Kick device out of recovery" in tinyumbrella?

22. axil23 thread starter macrumors newbie

Done that.... the apple logo comes on for a few seconds then it goes to the plug into iTunes screen again.

Is the reason why I am getting the 3002 error due to the fact that I haven't saved my SHSH before the software was corrupted?

TinyU won't let me save my SHSH

23. AdamA9 macrumors 6502a

Aren't you meant to save your SHSH before attempting this? Do you have iTunes on when trying to kick out of recovery with TU?

24. axil23 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah iTunes is on.

Actually what happened was that I was trying to do an upgrade and forgot to save the SHSH and it started through the apple server directly so I just pulled the plug on the iPhone. Now it won't go past the connect to iTunes stage.

I guess when I pulled the plug it corrupted the software. So now TinyU canwon't give me a option to save my SHSH. I can only put this down to the corrupted iPhone software as even iTunes does not show what software its on when I connect it.

Is there any way to unlock or will I have to to go through Apple for the restore and then wait it out till 4.1 with the upgraded baseband comes out with a unlock??

25. axil23 thread starter macrumors newbie

Do websites like this click actually work? If I upgrade to 4.1 via Apple then will they be able to unlock or is that a con?