BRICKED MY 4S with CLI Windows Jailbreak (Tried DFU restore, no luck) Please HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iphone4sbricker, Jan 21, 2012.

1. iphone4sbricker, Jan 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2012

iphone4sbricker macrumors newbie

Just wanted to give you guys the heads up so you don't be stupid like me and brick your 4S.

I was going through the steps outlined here:
    So I got to step #7 and after typing in cinject.exe -j payloads it would say:

Finding slide...
    Failed
    Error

So then I read that when you get this error you are supposed to restore your phone to get around this problem.

Ok so I figure that I will do that right on my phone so I went into Settings->General->Restore->Erase all content and settings

After my phone rebooted it starts going through the activation step of selecting english, selecting country, enable/disable location services, choose network...

... but then it gives me an error that says "Only compatible SIM cards from a supported carrier may be used to activate iPhone. Please insert the SIM card that came with your iPhone or visit a supported carriers store to receive a replacement SIM card"

Ok I thought. I'll just go to my carriers store and get a new sim card and I'll be fine right? WRONG :(

I went down this morning and got a new sim card from my carrier activated but my 4S still gives me the error. So now I have an appointment set up with my Apple store tomorrow in order to get my phone warrantied. Ugh.

Just wanted to give you guys the heads up so you don't make the same mistake I did :(

Btw if there is anything I actually can do in this situation to get it working let me know :)

2. robdam1001 macrumors 6502a

Can't you just restore through iTunes?

3. iphone4sbricker thread starter macrumors newbie

Naw, I tried that but iTunes gives me the exact same error ("only compatible sim cards...") when I plug it in :(

4. sirpots macrumors regular

that ^^^^^^ I think when it said to restore your phone, it literally meant restore your phone, like from iTunes.

5. spin360 macrumors member

You better hope the Apple rep doesn't notice your phone isn't activated. They thoroughly inspected my phone before selling my AC+.

6. iphone4sbricker thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I should have probably done that instead of on the phone. Live and learn. I just wanted to let others know my situation so they don't pull the same mistake.

7. kalex macrumors 65816

Your iphone is not bricked :)

do a full restrore in itunes but don't restore backup, set it up as new iphone and that should work. Was your phone unlocked or is the sim card from authorized carrier?

8. iphone4sbricker thread starter macrumors newbie

As soon as I plug in my phone into my computer and itunes recognizes it, itunes gives me a screen saying "The SIM card inserted into your phone does not seem to be supported"

It does not give me ANY options at all :(

Not unlocked but SIM card is from an authorized carrier.

9. Rodus macrumors 6502a

Rodus

10. jredecop macrumors 6502a

Go into dfu mode and do a restore. Problem solved:)

11. kalex macrumors 65816

12. jredecop macrumors 6502a

13. iphone4sbricker, Jan 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2012

iphone4sbricker thread starter macrumors newbie

I just tried the DFU restore. I went through the process and completely restored the phone. Then as I go through the setup process (language, country, location services, etc) it gives me the same "Only compatible SIM cards from a supported carrier may be used..." error

14. localboy28 macrumors 6502a

15. iphone4sbricker thread starter macrumors newbie

Tried the DFU restore with no luck.

Itunes fully downloads the software and restores it but then as I go through the setup process on the phone it still gives me the same SIM card error :(

16. Gavernty macrumors 6502

have you tried removing the sim and reinserting it?

17. iphone4sbricker thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah... doesn't do anything different. Still just says sim card not supported on both iTunes and if I do the setup on the phone.

18. heyyitzmelissa macrumors 6502

19. kre62 macrumors 68000

DFU restore it without the sim card in it. Then when you get to activation screen use the new sim.

P.S. Attention all new jailbreakers, know this which has been known to every jaibreaker for many many years:

NEVER choose "Erase all content and settings", it will jack your phone evvery time, since the beginning of time.

20. iphone4sbricker thread starter macrumors newbie

Doing this right now... will report back what happens

21. iphone4sbricker thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope... didn't work :(

I DFU restored my iPhone without a sim card in it.

Chose english, united states, enable location services, connected to wifi, etc...

Then it tells me in order to activate my phone I need to insert a SIM card, but it still gives me the same error as before.

What else could I do? :confused:

22. kalex macrumors 65816

23. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Are you sure your 4S is not locked to another carrier?
    Did it accept that particular sim before?
    I'd bring it to Apple if it still wont accept the sim if its supposed to be unlocked or locked to that carrier you're using.

24. iphone4sbricker thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I used my phone today before I started doing the jailbreak and made a call / used data earlier this morning so I know for sure I have the right carrier.

Yeah, I know Apple has great customer service so I don't think they will give me a hard time about getting a replacement. Just scary when this stuff happens since a pissed off genius could screw me over if he wanted to :(

25. noiceT macrumors 6502a

1. What carrier are you using btw?

2. Maybe useless, but perhaps try restoring on a different computer, possibly even a mac if you can?