Bridge and Camera Reading

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by stutz80, Oct 29, 2015.

1. stutz80 macrumors newbie

stutz80

I cannot import the photos from my camera any more. The computer doesn't recognize my camera through Bridge. The Photos from Apple recognize, but I cannot import/export Raw images. Terrible!

Any news from that?

2. weinschela macrumors regular

weinschela

I have not seen this on two machines with 10.11 and Bridge. All works as it should. Will Bridge see the photos if you simply open it and navigate to your card? If so, there must be Bridge setting to import that needs to be reset. There is no inherent incompatibility between PS and Bridge and EC (I am using CC 15 versions of PS and Bridge).

3. stutz80 thread starter macrumors newbie

stutz80

Thanks for answering. I'm using last version of CC (PS, LR and Bridge). It cannot read and cannot import from my 7d and 40d. I saw many other people with the same problem in other forums. It cannot read the card. It even doesn't show the content of the cards on finder. But it will work with Photos from Apple only. LR will 'see' the camera as well if I import from there. Bridge doesn't work. I can refresh many times but it will show no device.

4. Fishrrman macrumors G3

You might ask your questions in the Digital Photography forum here at MacRumors...

This may help or be of no use whatsoever:
    Have you considered manually copying the photo files in question to your hard drive, using a card reader?
    And then trying to manipulate them from the hard drive, instead?

5. flowrider macrumors 601

flowrider

Same here. I have had this issue since the first PB of El Capitan. Se my post #15 here:

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads...atic-and-disappointing.1910007/#post-21740474

Lou

6. flowrider macrumors 601

flowrider

7. weinschela, Oct 29, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2015

weinschela macrumors regular

weinschela

Using a card reader to copy to a directory on your computer should suffice until Adobe fixes this.