Brikk and Caviar Debut Ultra Expensive iPhone Xs and Xs Max Models in Luxury Materials

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 11, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Ahead of the launch of the iPhone Xs and the iPhone Xs Max, luxury iPhone companies Brikk and Caviar have announced custom versions of the two new iPhones made from materials like carbon, ceramic, alligator, and other materials.

Russian site Caviar, for example, is offering ornate iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs designs with carbon bodies, snake skin, alligator skin, gold accents, and diamond accents.

One of the most expensive Caviar iPhones, a version that features gold plating, mother of pearl, and 20 diamonds, is priced starting at $5,420.

[​IMG]

Brikk, meanwhile, is offering iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max models in carbon, ceramic, and gold. Pricing on the carbon models, which feature "an extremely rare form of carbon" that's also used by Lamborghini, are priced starting at $9,995. For that price, you also get solid gold logos and 24k yellow gold buttons.

[​IMG]

Brikk's ceramic iPhones start at $12,995 and come in either black or white, also with a 24k gold main body and buttons. Brikk says its ceramic iPhones offer exceptional heat resistance and light weight.

[​IMG]

For those with even more cash to spend, Brikk also plans to offer solid gold versions of the iPhone Xs and Xs Plus, which will cost upwards of $50,000. These devices are just announcements at this point, as Brikk and Caviar will need to wait for the official iPhone Xs and Xs Max launch to purchase iPhones for customization purposes.

Both Caviar and Brikk are known for selling ornately-designed luxury iPhone models for exorbitant prices, which are fun to look at but are out of the price range of most iPhone buyers.

Nevertheless, should someone be interested in one of these iPhones, Caviar is taking pre-orders now and Brikk is expected to begin accepting pre-orders soon.

Article Link: Brikk and Caviar Debut Ultra Expensive iPhone Xs and Xs Max Models in Luxury Materials

2. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

So is it XS Plus or XS Max?

Also, money can’t buy taste.

3. Hezzaa macrumors member

I guess they have plenty of them in stock if they can already announce this.

4. alpi123 macrumors 6502a

alpi123

Spigen also teased their new cases. Boy I'm so hyped for tomorrow.

5. 2807 macrumors member

And, for $10,000 more they will let you hit yourself in the head with a hammer and light an additional $5,000 cash on fire.

6. Jimmy James macrumors 601

Jimmy James

To each their own. I wouldn’t buy this if I had all the money in the world.

7. Delgibbons macrumors 6502a

Delgibbons

What about the iPhone XS Max Plus Professional Home Enterprise Edition x64?

8. kryten3000 macrumors regular

kryten3000

Honestly, I like a few of the designs. They give a very royal look to the phone. I, however, could not justify the expense. If they were to create a case with these designs I would pre-order now.

9. justperry macrumors G3

justperry

That doesn't make any sense!

10. JetTester macrumors member

If you had all the money in the world, Apple would be out of business. Only 1 potential customer.

11. iPhysicist macrumors 65816

iPhysicist

a rare form of carbon used by Lamborghini (and even Shimano) - Polycarbon. Yeah very rare indeed.

12. JetTester macrumors member

I guess humor doesn't exist in your black hole?

13. justperry macrumors G3

justperry

I got the joke, yes funny, but there's no Professional/home/enterprise edition, it's either of them, not all, guess you didn't get it.;)

Culture, there's some genitals in the ad.
    Thought MR is conservative on this matter, or did they/you miss it.

And yes, I've been around, phalluses everywhere.

Screenshot 2018-09-11 at 22.10.22.png

14. tridley68 macrumors 6502a

tridley68

15. rynx9 Suspended

rynx9

iPhone Excess and Excess Pepsi Max and the iPhone Extended Release Capsule :confused:

16. cyb3rdud3 macrumors 65816

It’s been said before but worth repeating.

Money can’t buy you taste or class. Seriously tacky.

17. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

anthonymoody

Preposterous. I'd like to meet everyone who buys one of these, and then punch them in the face.

And this is coming from a guy not afraid to spend dough.

18. itsmilo macrumors 68020

itsmilo

Looks very Russian. Can’t wait for those in front of a wall carpet selfies on it

19. jay_app macrumors newbie

20. vagos macrumors member

vagos

"Brikk also plans to offer solid gold versions of the iPhone Xs and Xs Plus, which will cost upwards of $50,000."

Not expensive enough. Not buying.

21. supercoolmanchu macrumors regular

supercoolmanchu

Yes, but money is the only way to afford it.

22. QCassidy352 macrumors G4

QCassidy352

Ugly. But given that people can spend tens of thousands of dollars on a single piece of designer clothing, not really surprising.

23. The JTizzle macrumors 6502

The JTizzle

By far the dumbest and ugliest thing I have seen this week. How stupid are people?!

24. Will.O.Bie macrumors 6502

Will.O.Bie

The regular iPhone is out of the price range for most iPhone buyers...

25. Glavin macrumors member

Glavin

"Brikk's ceramic iPhones start at $12,995 and come in either black or white, also with a 24k gold main body and buttons. Brikk says its ceramic iPhones offer exceptional heat resistance and light weight."

Does this mean that the heat from the phone has difficulty dissipating out of the case? That seems disadvantageous.