Bring iPad 2 to Apple Store when purchased elsewhere?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ArcAngel66, Mar 30, 2011.

1. ArcAngel66 macrumors regular

I just went to my university's computer store website, and it claims that they have 4 iPad 2s in the model I want in stock.

My question is:

With all of the issues I'm seeing, I want to be sure that I can exchange it at an Apple store for another one.

If I buy an iPad 2 at my University's computer store, will I be able to bring it into an Apple store and exchange it for another iPad if, say, it has bad backlight bleeding or something?

2. tbobmccoy macrumors 6502a

tbobmccoy

The of the Apple stores as extensions of Apple Inc. They do warranty repairs, and new devices from stores come with an apple warranty. Don't be afraid to grtnyour item somehwerenother than the Apple store as long as it's reputable.

3. Mattstkc macrumors 6502a

Mattstkc

YES.

All end user warranty issues are handled by Apple. You could buy it from a scalper in the alley for $1500 bucks and still take it to apple when you have issues. doesn't matter where you buy it. It's an Apple product, they service it.

(unless it's jailbroken LOL [then just restore it and hide the jb])

4. yoitsmebenny macrumors newbie

Sent from his iPad

5. dmaul1114 macrumors 6502

Yes. The genius bar in the stores is simply an Apple Customer Support center. Doesn't matter where you bought your Apple product, they will help you, do warranty repairs/exchanges etc.

6. laurenr macrumors 6502a

Hubby bought his iPad 2 on launch day at Best Buy. He had a problem with it and took it into the Apple Store yesterday. They are ordering him a brand new one, no problem.

7. MrMac'n'Cheese macrumors 6502a

MrMac'n'Cheese

I had bleeding and a few dead pixels, and also, like you, bought from a third party seller, B&H photo in NY, and just got back today, getting my replacement iPad 2, from the apple store, I got my case opened this past Friday, they quoted me 2-3 weeks, but I got a call today, less than 1 week later, to come in and swap my defective one.

The new iPad 2, still has bleeding, to the same effect or less than my old one, but has no dead pixels thank goodness, I can live with the bleeding since it's mild and does not really bother me, but not 2-3 dead pixels smack dab in the middle of the screen.

8. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Spellcheck, dude!