Britain's Got Talent [2008]

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by edesignuk, May 29, 2008.

1. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Yeah yeah, lame cash cow of Simon Cowell, but whatever, it's still good entertainment like it or not :p

The auditions were just as hoped, full of Crazies™. Excellent. Now we're on to the semi's, and except for a few Crazies™ that somehow got though, there are some genuinely good acts.

Favourites so far:
    Equally brilliant, well worth watching :)

2. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Youtube (flash) doesn't do that 'singing in the rain' act justice. That was truly awesome.

3. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

I actually liked Hoop La La last night, very entertaining and different to everyone else in the competition. It looked like they were having really good fun!

4. iBecks macrumors 6502

I agree with you, I liked Hoop La LA, thought that they would get through to be honest, much better than Strike.

5. edesignuk thread starter Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Hoop La La [Audition, Semi] were the bollocks! That guys face and posture was just too funny. I really liked them too, they're a good act. I'd have preferred they got through rather than Strike [Audition, Semi].

6. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

Definitely better than Strike. All that was was two guys flipping and kicking around the stage, you couldn't really call it a show or really expand on it

7. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

Cannot stand it!

Has there ever been a smugger, more vacuous person than Piers Morgan or a more annoying person than Amanda 'I cry at everything' Holden on TV?

I tried to watch one of the audition episodes and then this happened - "SIIIIIIIIIII-MONNNNNN" - which resulted in me having a mini stroke. :mad:

8. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Yup. He's a dick and she's too sappy for words most times.

9. djellison macrumors 68020

I'm just waiting for the final to see what Signature pull out of the bag this time. They're talented, funny, creative and brilliant. To be honest, no one else really stands a chance.

Piers Morgan should go up and do a turn - show us what he can acheive? Holden can act, Cowell can produce popular music..what ( apart from getting his ass kicked out of a newspaper) can Morgan do, exactly?

10. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

The Michael Jackson thing was pretty sikh, but not as sick as that kid's dancing! :eek: Britain definitely has more talent than Australia, judging from these links. That "Singing in the Rain" thing was brilliant. I know he copied the idea, but who gives a toss. It was brilliant anyway.

And just hearing about how his family's money situation isn't so great, and how he dances on the streets for money just to improve and earn money to dance even more and improve really makes it a bit more meaningful.

Update me/us and tell me if the kid wins. Strike sucked.

11. CHAOS STEP macrumors 6502

CHAOS STEP

I think the title of this show should have a question mark at the end of it.

Shows like this are why I only watch 1 hour of tv a week.

We may as well just all write weekly cheques to those nauseous creatures like cowell and the rest of the 'reality / talent show' cronies while we are at it.

Hooray at some talentless plebbites acting like monkeys in front of a likewise audience lorded over by toadying pseudo demi-gods.

Perhaps I am being a tad harsh, different strokes for different folks?

No, wait I am right. If you all stop watching this ***** they will stop making these programs.

12. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Is your version better or about as bad as the American version.

13. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

Probably as bad as the American one. There are some pretty talented people in it like the two child singers but there are also some really stupid and pointless ones like the quick change act

14. mogzieee macrumors 6502a

Signature

I just LOVE Signature... they're my fave to win. The Kate & Gin one (correct me if wrong) with the dog was pretty cool too. Cannot wait.

24hrs and it'll all be over for another year!

15. djellison macrumors 68020

I thought the string quartet were good, but I'd like to see them play the final with less backing and more of them playing.

I think it'll be between them, the girl who sang last night, and signature in the final, with Signature to get the nod.

Doug

16. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Can't be any worse than Sharon Osborne and The Hoff.

17. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

Kate + Gin I don't particularly like. Sure the dog can dance but go to Crufts and watch it there, the dogs are a lot better IMHO.
    Signature are very good i will agree but I'm not sure what they will do for the final, there is a limit to their act unlike most of the other dance groups.
    I must admit, i was rooting for Hoop La La to get quite close. Their act was unique in the semis, no one else did anything like it and i quite enjoyed it. they could have been better at it and used more hoops but they seemed to really enjoy it and that made it great.

18. mogzieee macrumors 6502a

True. Its the same reason why I don't really like the singing acts that much... if you want to be good at singing through a competition you go take part in X Factor or I'd Do Anything or something.

I would agree with you that Signature have a limit... but just imagine as their next "surprise" as say 10 people dancing exactly the same in unison. Now THAT would be AWESOME.

lol

19. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

Yeah there are too many singers and dancers. It is for the Royal Variety so different acts should get more exposure like the quick change and the hoola hooping and the barwizards from last year. Now they were awesome! (audition/final)

20. Dolphin22 macrumors newbie

21. mogzieee macrumors 6502a

Exactly. The Barwizards were definitely my favourite to win last year but they didn't even come close... :(

22. mogzieee macrumors 6502a

So here are the finalists:

• Signature
    • Kate & Gin
    • Andrew Johnston
    • Cheeky Monkeys
    • George Sampson
    • Strike
    • Faryl Smith
    • Andrew Muir
    • Escala
    • Nemisis

Who's your favourate?

23. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

I would like George Sampson but if i had to, i would put money on Andrew Johnston

24. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I don't get why people like Signature so much. Their act is something you can see 2 times, maybe 3 times, without gettin bored. The first time was OK, the 2nd time was already boring for me, but lets say that other people enjoyed it. Can Signature really be watched 3 times?

25. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

Still Signature. Who cares that there is a limit to what they can do, it's still awesome. :)

Though Escala come pretty close.

Abstract, I've watched Signature probably about 10 times now on youtube. Sometimes I worry for my sanity...:p