Britney loses custody of her children

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by freeny, Oct 1, 2007.

1. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

2. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Britney do something stupid....I find that hard to believe.....:rolleyes:

3. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

4. bartelby macrumors Core

Oh, something stupid like release another single?:eek:

5. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

So how is Kevin gonna be any better.:p:rolleyes:

6. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

at least the children get to be in custody of a parent. i'm not going to pretend to know what kind of parent kevin federline is, but they can't be in an environment when their mother is constantly on drugs. hopefully, britney will see this as a "rock bottom" moment to turn things around.

7. freeny thread starter macrumors 68020

freeny

link?

8. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....Good. She *shouldn't* have those kids now - she can't even look after herself. I am sick of hearing about her and her daily dramas but as has been said already - perhaps this will be the wake-up call she needs...oh yeah!

9. crazycat macrumors 65816

crazycat

I do not care about her, Paris, OJ and whoever does something stupid in a few weeks. I tried and failed to care less, its all the same thing. Someone does something stupid, they say sorry, they go to rehab stop and repeat.

10. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

There are children involved. No one needs to make stupid digs about her singing career, or how 'shocking' it would apparently not be if she did something stupid.

Fact is, she has had a very successful career. To amount to the number of record sales she has achieved, as a solo singer and in such little time - she must have, or had, a lot of dedicated fans.

She is clearly very, very troubled. This is a disturbing enough story - from drugs, to binge drinking, head shaving, to drunken sex with strangers - without there being children involved. But there are children invovled.

I believe things just got a whole lot worse for Britney Spears. Shes unpredicatble (according to the media) as it is, and apparently still centre's her life around her children. Now that they're gone? Who knows. She doesn't really have anything to 'put herself back together' for.

She's either going to see this as a turning point, and get back on track for her children, and at this point, equally as important - herself.

Or, she will do something stupid. And not stupid in the sense of another single, or attempting a career comeback. Stupid as in ''..she was so young, and oh so troubled".

With stories coming out about her apparently contemplating suicide, I hope (as a human being, and not necessarily a Britney Spears' fan) that she doesn't attempt anything of the sort, and takes time for herself.

She has enough money to last a life time - she doesn't need a career spotlight. She will always have fame - she is after all Britney Spears. She needs time, time for herself, and her children.

I wish her all the best.

11. freeny thread starter macrumors 68020

freeny

Thank you for "getting" this thread. :)

Her children need her.

12. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

seconded. Well said, JDT.

13. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Her children "need" her to straighten out.

Currently, the way she is seems like she cares more about partying than the kids.

But alas, she is still young enough to be seen as young and stupid. However, the amount of press just makes it look pathetic.

14. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

The press are pathetic. They really are a bunch of money-hungry, soul-less, pit feeders.

I know they have a buck to earn at the end of the day - but so do the rest of us. We manage to do it with dignity and without wrecking someones life.

Don't get me wrong, Britney's actions have caused havoc. She has behaved in a truly unbelievable way. But the press have made it much, much worse, and transformed her from being someone we pitty, and want to help - to a circus freak, who shaves her head and parades around naked.

How many of us have done stupid things when we're drunk and have friends capture it on a mobile/cell/whatever? I certainly have.

Now imagine your Britney Spears, and your friends sell you out for a quick buck.

Shes conflicted. Shes a youngster. Shes a popstar. Shes rich. Shes a mother. What order these things go in, she's yet to find out.

Her kids need her to straighten out. Luckily, they're at an age where if she gets herself back on track, it shouldn't send them down a route of self destruction and all that horribleness.

15. jaydub macrumors 6502a

jaydub

Considering how much money she was paid for the opening of LAX here in Las Vegas, I'd say she's definitely got her head in the wrong place. I think this was bound to happen, and regardless of her reputation, the kids' wellbeing is the most important thing here. She's proven over and over that she's not really trying very hard to be a good mother to them.

16. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

I'm sorry, but I don't think you, me, or anyone else on this board or any other have the right to say that.

Freedom of speech and all, but it does have its limits.

You have no idea what goes on behind closed doors. Look at how Kevin Federline has treated her? It was this time last year people were shouting how happy they were she finally kicked the scrounging money-grabber out. Now? He's the publics saviour, come to rescue the children.

The media is a joke. She is being portrayed as bad mother because it sells papers, and it fits.

I'm not saying she's a good mother either, but the point of this thread is: Britney has been bad, for one reason or another. Britney has problems. Britney has now lost the one thing she says mattered to her most. Where does she go from here?

It's not about right, wrong, and who's to blame.

17. jaydub macrumors 6502a

jaydub

I don't really care whether I have the right to say anything about it - if she's going to be in the public spotlight (which was her choice) then she's going to have the criticism of the general public coming. I'm going based on my own interpretation of her actions, and nothing else. I don't even read the newspaper or see websites to see what she does now.

Do I have the right to judge her? Probably not. I do, however, have the right to make any comments about her fitness as a mother. I'm obviously not alone in my assessment, otherwise she wouldn't have lost custody.

edit: I don't mean for this to sound abrasive toward you JDT, I apologize if it seems that way. :D

18. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I have no sympathy for her. I feel bad for her kids. Pretty effin sad when Kevin Federline is considered to be the "responsible" parent. Link

19. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Therefore, your adding fuel to the fire. You are being 'the media'.

It is believed her mother spearheaded her daughters domination of the pop world, from an early age. When Britney released her first single, I think it is highly unlikley she had any idea what what fame, or infamy was coming her way. She saw lights, money and dancing.

Interpretations based on what then? Your knowing her? Living with her? Witnessing her? If your not basing your judgements on her as points derived from sources such as the media, what are you basing them on? Guess work, filling in gaps the media has left open?

Do you know why your not alone? The millions of web articles, news paper articles and E! News shows which broadcast her every mistake - whether they be fictional, 'hear-say', an ex-employee, or otherwise. Its hard to escape the media attention this girl gets - and subconciously, it affects the way most of us perceive her.

I don't mean to sound offensive, either. I'm just direct and to the point. I also find it strikes a nerve with me when the whole world has forced this girl to crumble before their eyes, and now she has, shes getting backlashed for it. We've heard the ''she's this, she's that'' - nows the time for ''oh God, this is serious. She needs help''. Her name does not need to be dragged down further.

20. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

That video has absolutely nothing to do with Kevin being responsible, or her being not responsible.

Its been included to add to the comedy show that is the life of Britney Spears, and her children.

If you have no sympathy for her, I don't know what kind of person you are.

All I see is a broken person, not a celebrity with money.

At least on that sort of level, you should have some sort of sympathy or empathy. (I believe, anyway)

PS: If you have sympathy for the kids, try not dragging Mommy's name through the mud. I'm sure thats a small way to better their lives. I think when they're older and they come across all the internet slanging matches toward her, its gonna make incredibly tough reading for them. Slagging her off has got her and her kids nowhere so far. Its time the public tried a different approach.

21. Lau Guest

JDT, I've not always seen eye to eye with you on everything, but your responses in this thread have been spot on. Nicely done, mate.

22. jaydub macrumors 6502a

jaydub

Though my only interest in commenting on her story is the fact that it's been followed by many for a long time. I think a lot of people predicted her self-destruction, and now she's got to live with the consequences.

That might be true, but the direction her career took in its later stages was under her complete control. She started off as a goody-two-shoes singer, and she exploited herself.

My interpretation is mostly anecdotal, based on what I see on billboards about her appearance at a club opening, only a few short weeks after Kevin Federline went for custody. [/quote]

Perhaps her name doesn't need to be dragged down further, but she also doesn't help matters by continuing her activities in the public spotlight. It's not even a matter of us judging solely on what is published in the rags about her, it's about what she does so publicly. We'd likely have the same commentary about someone who acted like her in public - without the name notariety.

23. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

Does anyone think that Britney's Mom would get custody?

Prof. :apple:

24. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Pocket Universe, nth Dimensional Complex Manifold
    Looks like everybody loses. [sarcasm]Nice.[/sarcasm]

~ CB

25. fotografica macrumors 68040

Neither do I..There comes a time in everybody's life when one has to stand in front of the mirror,look into it and take control of your life. People from worse situations,with far less resources available to them,have managed to turn it all around...