Bruner says there will be 2 cameras

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by apttap, Aug 10, 2010.

1. apttap macrumors member

apttap

On his site now:

That’s almost twice as much as a good iPod Touch, and if you wait a few weeks to buy the Touch, you’ll get one with a Retina Display and dual cameras. If Dell can’t make an iPod Touch competitor, who can?

Edit: I mean Gruber! &$@& autocorrection!!!

2. EllieV macrumors 6502

Awwww damn auto correct lol. O thought, who is bruner?!?! Did you send this to the front page?

3. apttap thread starter macrumors member

apttap

Not sure how to do that...I'm more of a newb than I thought.

4. apttap thread starter macrumors member

apttap

5. Josh0806 macrumors member

6. EllieV macrumors 6502

Daring Fireball's John Gruber. He is always on top of and right about apple mac rumors (he just knows, I think he learns from apple and puts in little Easter eggs?)

I might be wrong... Idk... But when it comes out on the first page, there will be a little educational tidbit about him lol.

7. apttap thread starter macrumors member

apttap

John Gruber. He's almost 100% on every statement he makes. He never directly leaks something, but says it almost in passing. Pretty sly. His blog is called daringfireball

8. DAMNiatx macrumors 6502a

DAMNiatx

9. apttap thread starter macrumors member

apttap

10. MaCamZa macrumors 6502

MaCamZa

Hopefully, just hopefully, he is correct, because thats a dream iPod :D

11. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

The Touch is very cost sensitive since it is not subsidized and I'm very doubtful about claims people are making (Note: If you want to make it for the same cost as the current one, where are you going to get the cost savings to offset all the new stuff you are putting in it ?). We most likely will not see a rear camera (facetime can easiy be modified on the touch not to use a rear camera) and I'm not too sure about the retina display (you need a bigger battery capacity with the retina display).

I think you will see
    - Faster processor
    - 512G RAM
    - 64G max storage
    - Front facing VGA camera
    - Gyroscope

If they do put the retina display in, you will see a re-designed case (similar to the iPhone 4) for a larger battery.

12. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

LoL :) . All as you have to do is a quick Google search to see that he blew last years prediction by claiming that the Touch would absolutely have a camera.

http://www.businessinsider.com/gruber-goofs-2009-9

13. apttap thread starter macrumors member

apttap

LOL. indeed. I said almost 100% he's been write waaaay more than wrong. If you want to argue semantics then you're talking to the wrong person.

14. Biker macrumors regular

But i guess you understand why that happenned huh?
    I don't think apple will do the same as last year with the ipod touch;)

15. gta50419 macrumors 6502

i can't see ipods 4 selling big if they keep the same 3 year design and just add a front cam, more ram, and a faster processor...that such a tiny upgrade

they did that with the 3g and only the people who's apple fans noticed....they will be forced to make a new design, put a back camara (a damn good one too), hd output, and tons of other new feature if they want to keep up with competition

16. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

What competition ? A Zune ?

and everything you want will increase the price. As it is now, Apple will have a hard time keeping the price a it's current level with no changes.

17. ChrisGonzales90 macrumors 6502a

ChrisGonzales90

a new design is likely. the camera may just be the same as the iPhone, or at least a 3.2 MP one) HD output? You mean HDMI? I don't see Apple doing that. thats what their over priced, out dated docks are for.

and what other "new feature" would they need to add to keep up with the competition?

18. Derkatwork macrumors 6502

Derkatwork

True, a lot of people were dumbfounded to say the least. I think there was a lot of hostility at the unveiling when no camera was presented. I'm sure Apple heard what the internet said and will correct themselves for this year.

19. EllieV macrumors 6502

Exactly. That's why the entry level $199 is the third gen. And the $299 32gb and $399 64gb are the fourth gen. THAT'S where you get the cost savings.

20. Derkatwork macrumors 6502

Derkatwork

Won't people complain if they start handing outlast year's ipod every year? It used to be that Apple only sold the latest ipods (with the exception of last year).

21. EllieV macrumors 6502

People don't complain when they start handing out last year's iphone.

22. Derkatwork macrumors 6502

Derkatwork

With the iPhone, the price drops pretty nicely. With the iPod, the prices haven't really changed and now the lower end iPod is a year old.

23. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

I honestly dont see how they could get away with having the 4G base model just a 3G 16GB. They really should add the camera. I understand that they cant get a 4G for $199 but im pretty sure they can manage the cameras. I am positive that the $199 is their top selling model and if its just a 3G with absolutely no update other than storage, they will lose aton of customers. Especially around Christmas.

24. EllieV macrumors 6502

hmm... well, ya, actually i agree. the base model should have at least one camera.