Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tidybeard

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2018
I literally just got mine a hour or two ago, so can't really give a review or what.

But.... When someone says it adds weight, and it's heavy. Believe them, it is definitely adding some very sturdy heft to your iPad.

Something to consider.

I will hopefully be back later in the week with some thoughts, but it does make for a classy piece of kit, that you makes you excited for IOS 13.

This thing is big enough, that I find myself looking for a trackpad on it. :p

Hi, can I just ask if you got an email to say it had been dispatched or did it just arrive please? I got an email on 24th May saying remaining pre-orders would be sent out "next week" but no comms or keyboard yet. Thanks.

NeonKingKong

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2008
Portland, OR
6F8156AC-7BAE-4F24-8E3A-27BD22F1BE35.jpeg I’m loving mine as well on the 12.9 inch!!

JayMysterio

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
Hi, can I just ask if you got an email to say it had been dispatched or did it just arrive please? I got an email on 24th May saying remaining pre-orders would be sent out "next week" but no comms or keyboard yet. Thanks.
Yes. You get an email when they get your order. Then you wait patiently for an email saying they shipped. After it’s delivered you will get one more.

WickedPorter

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2012
I just ordered mine last night. Thanks @bigdog5142 for the encouraging information!

I have the smart keyboard now ... not a huge fan. I want a more comfortable typing experience (I type a LOT on the iPad), more comfortable "lapability," more viewing angle options, stand options (flip it around to prop it up for video viewing or lay flat for tablet mode), with an easy method for removal when I want to just use it as a tablet. This appears to check all these boxes. Excited to receive it!

Nick/WP

Reactions: bigdog5142

millydog

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2007
Australia

Same here. I got that email and told that it would ship this week, but no shipping email as yet. I’m in Australia, so maybe location makes a difference.

JayMysterio

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
Same here. I got that email and told that it would ship this week, but no shipping email as yet. I’m in Australia, so maybe location makes a difference.
That could be it. I am in the states. I got an email saying it was shipped, and it included a link to Fed Ex, so I could see when the keyboard would arrive.

What it looks like on my tiny art table...
48021159558_a42082da42.jpg

Why I was interested in the Brydge in the first place. I like the old iPad Pro cover & back cover combination that allowed me to to just remove the cover & just have a iPad by itself to sketch on.
48021137061_94ac526eb3.jpg

Last edited:

millydog

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2007
Australia
I got my shipping notice today with an estimated delivery day of Friday. I’m looking forward to it too and happy that it should arrive by the weekend.

Reactions: JayMysterio

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
I've been tempted by these so many times, but there's something about those rubber clips that makes me cringe. I have to believe that after you remove the iPad a few times it starts marking up the screen. Rubber can be pretty abrasive sometimes.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I've been tempted by these so many times, but there's something about those rubber clips that makes me cringe. I have to believe that after you remove the iPad a few times it starts marking up the screen. Rubber can be pretty abrasive sometimes.
That's what one reviewer stated. I don't know if it was his assumption or actual experience. It was just a small YTer who bought the keyboard.

I'm leaning towards this as well, but I can see myself inserting, removing the iPad numerous times and I don't know about the wear and tear

Reactions: spiderman0616

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
That's what one reviewer stated. I don't know if it was his assumption or actual experience. It was just a small YTer who bought the keyboard.

I'm leaning towards this as well, but I can see myself inserting, removing the iPad numerous times and I don't know about the wear and tear
I have the Smart Keyboard Folio on mine right now. It's definitely not perfect. It excels in some places where 3rd parties definitely lag, and lags in places where some 3rd parties excel. One of its major perks though, obviously, is that I don't have to remove the iPad from clips or wrestle it out of a ridged cover to use it "naked". The magnet implementation is brilliant.

My favorite iPad case EVER though is still the Zagg Rugged Messenger I had on my 10.5" iPad Pro. All around coverage on the whole iPad, Pencil storage, iPad was magnetically attached to the case but could be easily removed and still had back/side protection when removed, it was just my ideal iPad case. It only had one drawback, which was the bulk when the whole thing was put together. And of COURSE Zagg didn't make one just like that for the 2018 models. :( If they do though, it would tempt me to ditch my Apple one. I loved the Zagg Rugged Messenger so much I almost didn't upgrade just to be able to keep using it.

Reactions: maflynn
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.