BTO iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by tgdbowler, Aug 19, 2010.

1. tgdbowler macrumors newbie

tgdbowler

My BTO 21.5" i5 iMac arrived the two days ago and I couldn't be happier with it.

NO DEAD PIXELS. NO YELLOW SCREEN. NO HARD DRIVE NOISE. NO SCRATCHES. NO BRUISES.

P.E.R.F.E.C.T. THAT WHAT AN APPLE PRODUCT HAS ALWAYS BEEN TO ME.

The point of this post is to show that not everyone is having to return there iMac. We always here about the bad issues. I wanted to share the brighter side of the new iMac.

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

In a forum, the general rule is that you will always find the most negative comments because it's people who come here to look for help to their Mac related problems. So obviously, some of them might be frustrated.

3. Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

I'm glad it worked out for you. I will be purchasing a 21.5" in the coming weeks. I am very excited. Enjoy it!

4. TheBritishBloke macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

There are lots of threads about this. You have toremember that all the people on MR who are complaining, are here for that reason.. You normally don't have people posting here if they have a perfect machine, I bet 95% of the new iMac customers have a flawless machine.

5. diegobgr macrumors 6502

I will receive on Monday the same machine as you, a BTO 21,5" with i5.

I hope mine will be OK too.

6. iPoopeh macrumors regular

iPoopeh

Congrats on the prefect iMac! :] My grandfather is thinking about getting me one soon. Hopefully it shall be prefect like yours.

7. SiMBa37 macrumors regular

Congrats! Hope you really enjoy it! My BTO 21.5 i5 was supposed to come today but has been delayed until tomorrow. :(

8. Poob Bubes macrumors 6502a

Poob Bubes

I'm currently waiting for my 3rd BTO 21.5" i5. The first two were duds.

9. B.winkle macrumors member

Yeppers, mine is great also Thumbs up!

10. Hodgy1204 macrumors newbie

Man thats a tiny imac :D

Glad to here a lot of people with perfect imacs, its given me the confidence to order mine monday :D

11. tgdbowler thread starter macrumors newbie

tgdbowler

The main reason why I started this thread. I was reading about people having issues with there new iMac and was starting to get worried about having to return mine once it arrived. I wanted to express confidence to other readers that they will most likely receive a perfect Mac!

12. Merthyrboy macrumors 6502

Hopefully I'll get a perfect iMac as well, going to order it tomorrow :D

13. Yamcha macrumors 68000

Lucky you.. :] I'm actually switching back to pc :p of course I plan on running snow leopard on the pc as I did before.. but honestly I am not happy with the imac, the 5 dead pixels, and yellow tint.. And the value of my iMac is going down quick.. so I figure better to build a Core i5 system, will cost the same, meh no IPS panel but at least I won't have to deal with dead pixel or yellow tint.

14. Queso macrumors G4

Another very happy 21.5" i5 owner here. Mine has absolutely no flaws whatsoever :)

15. user418 macrumors 6502a

user418

I am on my third 21.5" imac. Here's my story:

1. Purchased unit at apple store. Discovered trash under screen two days later. Returned to apple store and unit was replaced.

2. New models released two weeks after my purchase. Returned to apple store and they agreed to switch for new model with i3 processor, better graphics card, and no restocking fee.

3. No issues with new unit. It is quiet, sleek, and seems rock solid.

4. Great customer service all the way around. They didn't have to allow that last switch.

5. APPLE ROCKS!!!!!!!!

16. kazmac macrumors 601

kazmac

congrats

i almost went with that option, but am happy I went with the base 3.0 i3 which is like your BTO 21.5 i5 in its flawlessness. :)

Nice to hear that more perfect 21.5" are coming through. Congrats and enjoy your machine :)