Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MyPad

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2012
Wow.

I wouldn't think he'd stop working on it. I mean, as long as devices don't go above 7.0.4, a MS fix will still be useful, right?

iAlphard

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 29, 2012
Wow.

I wouldn't think he'd stop working on it. I mean, as long as devices don't go above 7.0.4, a MS fix will still be useful, right?

Yep, but all these "JBdrama" in this couple weeks which won't benefit us least them in the long run might make Saurik change his mind.
Well at least now we got more entertainment, let's just hope it's just intermezzo until MS come (i hope). :D

MyPad

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2012
What worries me is that it seems like the jailbreak community is fragmenting. The Evasi0n release and with all the controversy, catching saurik off guard, the Chinese app store disaster, key JB programmers wanting to quit...combined with Apple making it harder and harder to find exploits...plus incorporating tweaks from the JB community into their own future iOS releases...is this creating less demand for jailbreaking and are we seeing the end of jailbreaking as we know it?

Netherscourge

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2011
Of course he won't stop working on the MS.

Saurik doesn't make any money off Cydia unless MS works.

Saurik has one purpose - to get Cydia installed and running on as many JB devices as possible, so he can make money off of it.

No MS = no reason to have Cydia = no money to make off Cydia.

MyPad

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2012

Saurik has one purpose - to get Cydia installed and running on as many JB devices as possible, so he can make money off of it.

That is a heck of a good point. You're right. It's so simple but didn't even occur to me.

munakib

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2011

I doubt Saurik does it only for the money, he does it for the community.

I particularly remember ih8sn0w posting the fact that they didnt want to release the JB before iOS7 jb as they didnt want to ruin the exploit/vulnerability they found. I was under the impression they were in touch with evad3rs, maybe this is a bluff from pod2g to apple, dunno...in anycase I love my redesigned icons on iOS7 also blurless dock :)

Thepoobear

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2013
Hardly means that they blew all the exploits needed to jailbreak future versions.

They are smArter than that people...

boobie12

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
Hardly means that they blew all the exploits needed to jailbreak future versions.
They are smArter than that people...

Yea but pod2g said they had that exploit for years and was founded by comex. They didn't want to use it yet nd they wasted it now for no reason.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
To be fair.... it's a bit retarded releasing a JB for 7.0.x when there are already betas of 7.1 out. Any exploit will be patched in the 7.1b3 or 7.1b4 update. The thought of having to run a beta as the most up-to-date jail breakable OS isn't appealing at all.

Besides this, it's not like Evad3rs "own" jailbreaking. Other groups/people are quite within their rights to release a JB if they want. It's obviously in our best interests if they all work together to coordinate the effort, but still.

boobie12

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
To be fair.... it's a bit retarded releasing a JB for 7.0.x when there are already betas of 7.1 out. Any exploit will be patched in the 7.1b3 or 7.1b4 update. The thought of having to run a beta as the most up-to-date jail breakable OS isn't appealing at all.

Besides this, it's not like Evad3rs "own" jailbreaking. Other groups/people are quite within their rights to release a JB if they want. It's obviously in our best interests if they all work together to coordinate the effort, but still.
Yes but there saying no jailbreakers wanted to use that exploit yet but they did. Nd they didn't even have to. They had two other exploits that worked also for 6.1.4

iAlphard

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 29, 2012
Yes but there saying no jailbreakers wanted to use that exploit yet but they did. Nd they didn't even have to. They had two other exploits that worked also for 6.1.4

That really baffles me. I mean, i'm not a developer or programmer but i really enjoy jailbreaking my phone because of the creativity in it, like tweaks, theme etc. I help with what i can which is not pirating any tweak and actually buy them and donating.
So, if evaders team have the ability to use an exploit which is not known and getting deal from that china company, well then with all respect they deserve that chance.
But what iH8sn0w, winocm, and SquiffyPwn did, is just plain selfish for using years known exploit that developers have been saving for future iOS jailbreak. There is no merit in it.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
That's beyond stupid.
Why would you waste unreleased exploits on an old outdated iOS version for only a few older devices? Doesn't make any sense. Hope these guys stop sharing their exploits with people like ih8snow and winocm that cannot be trusted to do what's best.

iAlphard

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 29, 2012

That's beyond stupid.
Why would you waste unreleased exploits on an old outdated iOS version for only a few older devices? Doesn't make any sense. Hope these guys stop sharing their exploits with people like ih8snow and winocm that cannot be trusted to do what's best.

No response from them so far and winocm deleted his twitter account. Wow so childish indeed, i guess it was spite that drove them to do that.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
That's sad.
Hope they learn a lesson on who they can and cannot trust.
Geohot was ready to sell their hacks for $350k before they released their jb and now these geniuses waste years of progress over an iOS 6.1.4 jailbreak:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Netherscourge

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2011
There will always be exploits.

You just have to find them.

Jailbreak your 7.0.4 devices (or 6.1.x devices) and sit tight with that until the next confirmed JB comes out.

And, BTW, there's no guarantee that those newly revealed exploits weren't going to be patched by Apple anyway in the next iOS versions. Whether it would be intentionally or even by accident with structure changes.

bigsexyy81

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Guys want to make a profit on creating a jailbreak tool? I have no problem with it. The whole 'oh these guys are jerks because they are trying to reward all of their hard work with money instead of high fives from the JB community' comments are completely absurd.

Now blowing precious exploits when there is clearly other options available? And for iOS 6, no less?

facepalm_227785.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.