Bugs in iOS 8 Beta 3

mode101

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2007
I get a respring every time I try and download from the app store.

Stuke00

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Collinsville,IL
I had no issue with iMessage or downloading from the appstore..

However, the play/pause button on the headphones is indeed causing issues in the Music App.

N e e k

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2011
Looks like the Facebook app just doesn't load any pictures now. Someone want to confirm?

chekz0414

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2011
FL
Looks like the Facebook app just doesn't load any pictures now. Someone want to confirm?
Facebook works, my iMessage works, Does anyone have the issue of the home button single click registering as multitasking clicking?

EDIT: I also get the Headphone control issues

DoctorKrabs

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2013
In beta 3, changing the volume using physical buttons (including headset buttons) in djay 2 causes a kernel panic.
Using Control Center to change the volume works fine.

iPhone6,1

It seems like the third betas of iOS always have a kernel panic somewhere for me.

EDIT: Importing a song using a share sheet from another app also causes a panic, without pressing volume buttons.

Last edited:

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
In beta 3, changing the volume using physical buttons (including headset buttons) in djay 2 causes a kernel panic.
Using Control Center to change the volume works fine.

iPhone6,1

It seems like the third betas of iOS always have a kernel panic somewhere for me.

EDIT: Importing a song using a share sheet from another app also causes a panic, without pressing volume buttons.
was just going to post that it works for me :p

Ferrd

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2008
Siri - Raise to speak

Can someone check and see if Siri raise to speak is working for them? It does not for me, and I don't want to report it to Bug Reporter until someone confirms the issue.

Thanks!

Solver

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2004
USA
Can someone check and see if Siri raise to speak is working for them? It does not for me, and I don't want to report it to Bug Reporter until someone confirms the issue.

Thanks!
On my iPod Touch 5, SIRI apologizes but can't take any requests right now.

luckydcxx

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2013
Beats music just pauses on its own during almost every song, you have to restart the song each time.

VSMacOne

macrumors 601
Oct 18, 2008
Those of you having issues with Facebook need to try Paper for FB. It's been working great through all the betas so far.

FPSDavid

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
Looks like lots of Music app issues.

Mine doesn't auto-pause the music when you unplug the headphone jack, but also doesn't play it through the phone's speaker at the same time. (e.g. Music playing through headphones, unplug headphones, music keeps playing in the app (time keeps going), but no sound. Pause/unpause doesn't fix it to play through the phone's speakers.)

jsh

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2008
Images in Facebook work great for me. Clean install of beta 3, set iPad up as new.

vra24

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2010
Looks like lots of Music app issues.

Mine doesn't auto-pause the music when you unplug the headphone jack, but also doesn't play it through the phone's speaker at the same time. (e.g. Music playing through headphones, unplug headphones, music keeps playing in the app (time keeps going), but no sound. Pause/unpause doesn't fix it to play through the phone's speakers.)
Same here. When I unplug the headphones the phone still thinks they are plugged in. I never get sound back have to restart.

josielinnea

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2007
Stockholm
Everything written for me above is working just fine - except I haven't tried the headphones thing.

However, I'm having an annoying bug where about once every ten times I go to a page in Safari it loads the page just the normal way but when it's done it gives me a totally white blank page. I have to scroll UP (yes, not down!) to see the site. I don't know if it is relevant but it seems like it happens more often on sites that have mobile sites with ads on the top of the page that can be closed by pressing X in the upper corner.
Does anyone else have this issue?