Bumper and USB connectors

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by CDutch, Jun 25, 2010.

1. CDutch macrumors regular

I'm having a hard time connecting a USB cable to my iPhone 4 with the bumper on the phone. I have a bunch of cables from monoprice that are too big (love the 6 foot cables though) but I was even having trouble connecting the one supplied with the phone.

Anyone else having similar issues?

2. Laslo Panaflex macrumors 65816

Laslo Panaflex

Yes, it sucks. I have stopped using my bumper for this very reason.

3. CDutch thread starter macrumors regular

Pretty ridiculous if you ask me considering the phone basically requires a case because of the reception issues.

4. Farplaner macrumors 6502

I have found out that my car charger cable doesn't fit with the bumper on. What a bummer. I guess I'll have to look for a different case...

5. pierce13 macrumors newbie

headphone jack

i've had the same trouble with my 30 pin connector, too but my grip is more about the headphone jack not being a universal fit. sure, all my ipod/iphone headphones fit it, but almost all other headphones don't fit into the recessed jack now.

i'm having horrible flashbacks to the first gen iphone!:eek:

anyone else experience this?

6. dagored macrumors 65816

7. DeuceDeuce macrumors 6502a

DeuceDeuce

8. dhartung02 macrumors 6502

Does it work if you hang the phone upside down by the cable? I have several cables that if i pushed really hard i could get it to charge, but if i even sneezed on it, it would cause it to lose connection. Not exactly reliable.

I am very happy with the cables i got from Ebay. I have 4 sets. I am still waiting on the 2 cables i ordered from Meritline to see if they fit. They definitely have a lot slower shipping, but that is to be expected with it coming from China.