Bumper + Holster

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by harris120702, Jun 24, 2010.

1. harris120702 macrumors newbie

Using a bumper on my phone, wondering if anyone has found a holster (for a belt) case that fits the phone with the bumper. The few I tried today did not fit the phone with bumper. Anybody have any luck??

Thanks!

2. StephenRzucidlo macrumors member

i bought a eddie bauer pouch from best buy for $19 fits perfect with iphone 4 + bumper

3. harris120702 thread starter macrumors newbie

Was it the one with the white stitching? Wasn't diggin' that one, doesn't match my understated stylings and general charm...May be my only choice though.

4. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

That is the one I am using, however after 6 months of use the back part that holds the clip is starting to wear and its sagging. Sadly, I paid $29 at Best Buy for it :(

5. dmsimmer macrumors newbie

Bumper-Friendly

I will absolutely buy a bumper-friendly holster.

6. eagleglen macrumors 65816

eagleglen

Anyone found one yet?

Has anyone found a holster that holds the iPhone 4 with a bumper on it?

7. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

I second this.

8. walds11 macrumors 6502a

Not yet. I am sure that they will be out soon. I have a DLO leather horizontal holster. Doesn't fit.

9. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

I use the Incase leather holster with mine that was made for the 3G/3GS. Fits fine. Tiny bit tight, but I prefer it that way so I know the phone won't go flying out.

10. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

11. mnilan macrumors member

Marware

I have a Marware case - it's a slide-in leather pouch with a belt clip on the back that I bought for my 3 GS. Without the bumper, it is too big and if I turn it upside down, the iPhone 4 will slide out. However, with the bumper, it fits in quite well. The top of the iPhone 4 bumper sticks up a bit beyond the edge of the case but just the bumper width. Otherwise, it is really a perfect fit.

I don't really need a belt clip so I'm waiting on an iKonic Edge case for the iPhone 4 which is made for use with the Apple bumper. No idea when they are going to get their act together however, so the Marware case is the one I'm using until then...

12. FGutzel macrumors newbie

I just purchased the holster for the HTC Incredible at Best Buy. It fits the iPhone 4 with bumper perfectly. The access for the head phone jack and clearance for the speaker is provided. It looks like it was designed for the iPhone 4 with the bumper. According to the sales person at BB, this is their best selling holster right now. The cost was $31.99. It's made from leather and is very sturdy. I also looked at the Eddie Bauer holster, and there is no comparison. The Eddie Bauer is too large on the thickness side and not nearly as nice and sturdy. So take a look at the HTC Universal Phone Case at Best Buy (Item # 82024BB)

I hope this will help.

13. FGutzel macrumors newbie

Holster for iphone 4 with bumper

I just purchased the holster for the HTC Incredible at Best Buy. It fits the iPhone 4 with bumper perfectly. The access for the head phone jack and clearance for the speaker is provided. It looks like it was designed for the iPhone 4 with the bumper. According to the sales person at BB, this is their best selling holster right now. The cost was $31.99. It's made from leather and is very sturdy. I also looked at the Eddie Bauer holster, and there is no comparison. The Eddie Bauer is too large on the thickness side and not nearly as nice and sturdy. So take a look at the HTC Universal Phone Case at Best Buy (Item # 82024BB)

I hope this will help.

14. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

Oh I have the Incase one too, and I find it way too tight for comfort. I really have to apply pressure to get it out. I tend to grab my phone out frequently so the incase doesn't seem to be a solution for me :(

This is interesting, as the iPhone 4 does have a smaller width. Add the bumper and you have a similar width of the 3G/3GS.

I was perusing Marware just now. Is this the product you have?

http://www.marware.com/products/iPhone-4/C-E-O-Sleeve-for-iPhone-3G

If so, this may be just the answer I was looking for. I'll just have to adjust to a vertical orientation of the phone, but that's no deal breaker at all. I just want something that protects the phone in a holster. :)

15. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I'm currently using a holster that I picked up from Target for about $20. It's made my Case Logic. I used it for my 3GS and it works perfect with my i4 and the Bumper.

16. coelacanth macrumors 6502

17. nippyjun macrumors 65816

I have the marware ceo sleeve for my 3gs and my iphone 4 slides out of it too easly. Maybe with a bumper it would fit well. I emailed marware and told them that the iphone 4 slips out. I haven't heard back.

18. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

I've been trying the same thing but it is a bugger to get out. It sticks to the micro suede inside. Any suggestions.

19. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

Yea I also emailed Marware about their Premiere sleeve two days ago and also haven't heard back from them. This is not the only third party Apple accessory company I've emailed about the iPhone 4 and have had bad response time. I guess all these companies are swamped with customers.

Anyway, yea as mnilan suggests, he gets a good fit with the iPhone 4 bumper. I just meticulously compared the iPhone 4 and bumper with my 3GS and they look about the same width with the naked eye. Anyway I'm pretty convinced it will work, so I'll be ordering one of these.

Edit: not sure now. Still thinking if I should just go naked or not lol

20. samven582 macrumors 6502a

I'am using a Seidio Horizontal Leather Case.

21. FieldingMellish Suspended

Although the phone and bumper fits, I wish it came with a steel spring clip, the type that grabs on and is a hassle to remove. Then, I wouldn't mind walking in a noisy city and worry that the case will work itself off my belt, unbeknownst to me, and be lost.

22. FieldingMellish Suspended

23. mnilan macrumors member