Bumper Refund Received Yet?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by khhntz, Jul 17, 2010.

1. khhntz macrumors member

Has anyone gotten a refund or able to buy a free bumper at an Apple Store since yesterday's announcement? I need to go to my local Apple Store for something else but thought I could get my refund today.

2. outphase macrumors 65816

3. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

As I understood it next week people will have the option to order from a selection of cases for free. If you bought a bumper already you can get a refund now, I assume. I'm going to my local apple store today for an iPhone 4 swap and will be asking for the refund, I'll let you know how it goes.

4. khhntz thread starter macrumors member

I did hear about the part about more information late next week. I thought that was for people who wants to buy a bumper or similar for free online. My question is more for the current bumper owners - could I just walk into an Apple Store today and ask for the refund? I assume the staff knows about the announcement. I will ask today when I am there anyway.

5. Raziel66 macrumors newbie

People have already asked at the stores and posted the answers her. Like Jobs said, next week. Watch the Apple website for more information. The hourly waged staff at an Apple store aren't going to know anything else at this point.

6. Amnesia87 macrumors 6502

So has anyone managed to get their refund for a bumper yet? I've only seen one case where it worked, some guy from Engadget was able to do it, but it was in a European store.

7. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Pls wait till next week.

8. johnnybgood15 macrumors 6502

Is it really that difficult to read the intelligent responses above?

9. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Iv'e heard someone in England went to the store and he got his cash back.

10. spades1412 macrumors 6502

I dont have time to read everything but Has anyone gotten a refund or able to buy a free bumper at an Apple Store since yesterday's announcement? I need to go to my local Apple Store for something else but thought I could get my refund today.

11. doodads macrumors 6502

doodads

If you're going there anyway, ask them, and report back here.

12. hipvamore macrumors regular

13. Amnesia87 macrumors 6502

Cool Story, Bro. Thanks for not being helpful.

Just because they SAID next week, doesn't mean that some stores aren't already doing it, perhaps on their own.

Perhaps I have read around and still haven't been able to find an answer, and there is a bit of urgency in my situation?

My Bumper has until the 20th to be returned.

I need to know how the refund is going to work, because if it's just going to be store credit, I need to return my case now, and then just order another one next week. I don't need $30 in AAPL store credit.

14. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

There is no urgency in your situation. None. Zero. The only urgency might be in improving your ability to read and comprehend.

Starting next week, they are giving away bumpers/cases or refunding bumper purchases until September 30th. Is that so hard to understand? What part of that makes you think you only have until the 20th to return your bumper?

Oh and you totally don't get "Cool story bro", so maybe it's best not to use it. You're already a year late anyhow.

15. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

You dont have to return the bumper by a certain date, if you bought one, your getting a refund.

And if you werent to lazy to read the above posts you would know that apparently "Some guy in England" got Cash

16. nin7474 macrumors 6502

I returned my Black Bumper(latest to return 7/22)and i asked 2 separate Apple employee's and they told me info to be released on 7/19.

17. doboy macrumors 68000

I was at the Apple store yesterday so I asked about the case refund and he told me that I would have to apply for a refund next week on their website.

18. willmiz macrumors member

I wonder how they are going to keep track of how many bumpers each customer returns.

19. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

If only they could invent some kind of device in which a user could input information and the information could be stored somehow and shared throughout an entire company. If only.....

20. willmiz macrumors member

Thanks for the smartass answer. Care to take into consideration how cash orders would be refunded? Or multiple orders done with a cash/CC combination? Seems a bit easy for people to exploit. Guess I wouldn't expect intelligent posts from someone who wrote topic #433244 about "OMG IPHONE IS COMING!!!" a month after launch..

21. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Why would cash orders be any different? Bring in your receipt, they input your info into the computer and done. Multiple orders, same thing, use that magical box to store all the info. Did you really expect anything better then a smartass answer to a question like yours? And really, you looked up my other posts? How very very sad of you....

22. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

They will probably have you punch in the iphone serial number to get a free case or a refund on a case bought for a particular iphone 4.
    Then once that phone is taken off the list you cant use that number again to get another case for free.
    Probably something like that.
    Similar to how the $100 store credit worked with the iphone 2G price drop years ago.

23. tmdist macrumors newbie

24. doboy macrumors 68000

Care to explain where and how?

25. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

They are not supposed to give refunds yet.
    Details will be released in about a week and it will be done thru a website.
    Some that got a refund probably talked to a misinformed apple rep and he refunded them when he wasnt supposed to.