bundle or no bundle? macbook with display screen v macbook pro

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Spikasaur, May 5, 2010.

1. Spikasaur macrumors newbie

hey, so im new to this... please be nice my fellow mac lovers =P

okay, ill start with why i want one - everyone else does?

i am a college student who is about to go onto doing photography, graphic design and other not so creative things like english oh ill also every now and then play sims 3. anyways obviously i cant be doing that sorta stuff on this now dead [windoes] netbook i have and im actually really excited about changing over - sad i know? so yeah im stuck, i really want a display screen with it so i can have more room and see what i'm doing. so should i buy a macbook with display screen or just a macbook pro?

ps if i enbd up having more of a budget i would just get the pacbook pro with the display screen but for now i cant.

i also wanted to know, if i got the display screen could i use a wireless mopuse and keyboard so i dont have to sit near it with my macbook and maybe watch a film or surf the web.

thanks muchly!

:apple::apple::apple::):apple::apple::apple:

ps, both macbook and macbook pro i buy would be the 13" models.

2. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

You can buy any MacBook or MacBook Pro and use it with any monitor up to 24 inch (1920 x 1200, 1920 x 1080 or 2048 x 1152 pixels) without any problems. For photography and graphic design the colour quality of the monitor may be important for you. You can get a 1920 x 1080 for about £110 and 2048 x 1152 for about £180; perfectly fine for most people, but for good colour reproduction you will have to pay a lot more.

3. Spikasaur thread starter macrumors newbie

yes but no offence but thats not really what im asking, im asking if i should buy either a macbook and display screen or just a macbook pro...

4. brendu macrumors 68020

since your looking at the macbook pro 13" base model i suspect judging by how you described your budget... I would say get the macbook and a monitor... if you live by a microcenter you can pick up a macbook for $799 which is a killer deal.. spend $120 to go up to 4GB ram and you got yourself a solid machine for $820 + Tax... if you don't live near microcenter, just use your student discount with apple...

another possibility would be to get the macbook pro and then in a few months when you have the cash get an external monitor.. and yes you can use either USB or bluetooth mouse and keyboard with any macbook.

EDIT: Microcenter locations: http://www.microcenter.com/at_the_stores/index.html