Bundled iWorks disc included with MBA?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by megasad, Oct 12, 2009.

1. megasad macrumors member

Hi, something just occurred to me and I tried searching for an answer but didn't find one.

If you order a MacBook Air with iWork, does it come pre-installed? Or do you need to install it yourself? And if it is preinstalled, is the disc included in the box?

I buy the SuperDrive anyway, it was just something I wondered about, thanks in advance to anyone who can answer.

2. dbwie macrumors 6502

When I bought my MacBook in person at an Applestore, I opted for iWorks "preinstalled". They simply gave me a retail box version at the preinstalled price and I installed it myself at home. Not sure about online orders, though.

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

I think if you buy it pre-installed from Online Store, you'll not get the box. I would buy the stock MBA and iWork separately so you get both few days earlier and the box as well.

4. megasad thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the answers, I'm actually trying to reduce the amount of stuff I get in the post, so if they don't include the box I'll prefer it, but I guess I'll see.

5. Scottsdale macrumors 601

Scottsdale

You will get a disk even if it is preinstalled. I don't believe it's preinstalled when you order it. I think it just gets you the discount. I could be wrong though, as I haven't done that in a long time.

6. Disavowed macrumors regular

Disavowed

I can't imagine you wouldn't get this discs despite not having the box. What is you have something endemic happen to your machine?

7. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

The main thing you need is the key. The version on the disk is the same version you download as a trial (in other words, you can always download it, if necessary).

8. megasad thread starter macrumors member

Ah, I'd forgotten that about the trial, thanks for reminding me. And from the online store; "iWork will be preinstalled on your Mac, so you'll have all three productivity applications available for immediate use." So all should be well whatever happens :)