Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrDc2

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2013
The death penalty is killing and in itself and logically it does not provide any protection to the society as the convicted individual is already locked up!!! With this widespread "logic" politicians should exercise more effort to properly phrase suggested bills so voters like yourself will at least have a basic idea of what they are voting for or against. Again, it would be productive for the death penalty enthusiasts to personally experience ending another persons life to really understand the impact of such significant act within our kind.

My views don't come from what any politician says, Konrad. I don't listen to the Libertarians, Republicans or Democrats or ask them or their proponents to think for me and give me opinions to regurgitate. What I do know is that your passive-aggressive arguments are really annoying. We're here to discuss the issue, not insult each other between the lines. Unless of course you're here to insult people between the lines and not really discuss the issue.

Yes, they are locked up. With other human beings. Serial killers get locked up with other human beings who may have been locked up for: tax evasion, theft, drug possession etc.

Last edited:

Konrad

macrumors 6502
Aug 26, 2009
Bi-continental
My views don't come from what any politician says, Konrad. I don't listen to the Libertarians, Republicans or Democrats or ask them or their proponents to think for me and give me opinions to regurgitate. What I do know is that your passive-aggressive arguments are really annoying. We're here to discuss the issue, not insult each other between the lines. Unless of course you're here to insult people between the lines and not really discuss the issue.

Yes, they are locked up. With other human beings. Serial killers get locked up with other human beings who may have been locked up for: tax evasion, theft, drug possession etc.

Permit me to annoy you some more. With a note pertaining to your complete lack of logic. You are blabbering about irrelevant issues. Try to be concise and to a point ensuring fundamental logic and sense of precision when in a dialogue.

linkgx1

macrumors 68000
Oct 12, 2011
America is still largely uncivilized. The still practiced death penalty is nothing but legalized killing. The noted pizza slice thief with a 25 year sentence and Saturday morning gun shopping with kids at local sporting goods stores after a breakfast that could feed two Sudanese families, - are all testimony to the largely dysfunctional "melting pot" country with a black president and ghettos in every city with homeless people all over the place looking for food in trash cans and begging for a buck by the hundreds of thousands.

Consider the all American invention of a warrant for arrest when a traffic citation is ignored. Forget to pay for this significant crime and you will be restrained, put down, jailed and humiliated like the animal you are.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
7 years, seems about right but I bet it was the maximum he could get or near it just because it was the Jobs home which they should have secured in the first place.

A little research would show you that the owner of the house has nothing to o with the length of the sentence

MrDc2

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2013
Permit me to annoy you some more. With a note pertaining to your complete lack of logic. You are blabbering about irrelevant issues. Try to be concise and to a point ensuring fundamental logic and sense of precision when in a dialogue.

lol. You need another course in reading comprehension. Adieu.

wshyang

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2012
I assume you've never been the victim of a home invasion. It changes your life. It can trigger Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. It's a total violation of your liberty and security. It's not the loss of some consumer items. You'll give a rats ass about that when it happens to you.

???

Home invasion?

What a dramatic term for just a burglary.

I suppose rape doesn't trigger PTSD also?

WestonHarvey1

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2007
???

Home invasion?

What a dramatic term for just a burglary.

I suppose rape doesn't trigger PTSD also?

How is it a dramatic term? You understand that burglary involves breaking into someone's home, right?

Yes, rape triggers PTSD frequently.

harlequinn

macrumors member
May 6, 2011
Does it matter? He's a vile, low life, POS thief. I am sure the thinking would be different if it was your house that you came home to and found it burglarized. It's not a nice feeling knowing that some stranger violated your personal sanctum and took something away from you.

7 years is lenient. Criminals have far too many rights to begin with.

Yes it does matter.

I have been face to face with a thief during a break in - he wasn't expecting anyone to turn up.

Criminals have the same rights as everyone else. I doubt there is a person alive that hasn't broken some law or another in their country (either knowingly or unknowingly) - making us all criminals.

furi0usbee

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
Update!

I did contact Tim Cook via email. I got a call from an Apple rep in Texas. I've emailed him before and got the same treatment. Anyway the guy was nice, but said to work with my local authorities (about my stolen MacBook Pro) and there was nothing Apple could do.

I don't know of any other companies where you email the CEO and the next day you get a phone call.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.