iPhone X Burn in on iPhone X, no need to worry!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SteveJobbinIt, Jan 2, 2018.

1. DNichter macrumors 603

DNichter

Maybe one day Samsung and others will have the same display standards as Apple. Pretty wild that a newcomer can come in and design an OLED better than those that have been doing it for years.

2. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

Was this Not already established earlier in the thread? How many iPhone owners do you know that are actually complain about they can't tune their own displays? It's likely not a very sought after request, because of how well the iPhone is calibrated as it is. Apple has some of the best LCD calibrated panels in the smart phone industry.

I'm not sure why you feel the need to address that Samsung 'Won' something, when in reality, Apple utilized Samsung services because they were the only panel manufacturer they could produce the necessary numbers for OLED panels. This topic or my previous post is not about who won anything and or remotely related.

Can You cite/provide a source stating that Samsung specifically calibrated the OLED panels? (Aside from manufacturing them.) I would be (And others) interested in reading your claims.

3. Shanghaichica macrumors 604

Shanghaichica

If there was something wrong with the screen people would be blaming Samsung Just like people are questioning LG’s ability to make oled displays in phones after the pixel XL and LG V30 displays.

4. cyb3rdud3 macrumors 65816

Not unheard off though, on TVs ALL OLED utilises the same LG panel, and all LG, Panasonic, Sony, Philips, Loewe look different, and you could pick one you prefer...Yet when you actually calibrate them properly they all look the same :)

5. fs454 macrumors 68000

You're wrong about "we don't care how it's done", but okay.