Burn Songs In Order *IMPORTANT*

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Sambo110, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Sambo110 macrumors 68000

I need to burn three songs to a blank disc for a funeral tomorrow. The songs need to be played in a certain order, so it would be preferable to have the first song as the first one to be played etc. Is there a way I can do this? I can burn them to the disc easily, but I have no idea what order they'd be in. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Would making a playlist in iTunes, ordering the songs in the order they need to be then burning it to a disc do this? I would assume so, but just wanna make sure before I do it.

2. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

If you're burning with iTunes, you have to create a burn folder to burn a CD.

Firstly, whatever order the songs are in in the playlist is how they will appear on the CD's track list. It's easy to rearrange by dragging and dropping. (Drag and drop, it's the Apple way)

Secondly, make certain you do not burn as an MP3 CD.

3. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

If you are using iTunes, create a playlist and put the songs in the order you want. Then, select from File > Burn Playlist to Disc.

To make sure e disc is playable, I would recommend burning it as an "Audio CD", rather than MP3 or data.

4. Sambo110 thread starter macrumors 68000

Okay thanks. So I just burn it as an audio cd?

EDIT: Okay, thank you. Hopefully this works.

5. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

Just order the songs the way you want in the playlist and make sure you try out the CD beforehand to avoid any unpleasant surprises.

6. Sambo110 thread starter macrumors 68000

Yeah, it's all good. Thanks for all your help, could have been quite the disaster if I screwed it up.