Burning an audio CD with iTunes and crossfading songs......

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by parajba, May 17, 2008.

1. parajba macrumors 6502

Hi,

I'm putting together a playlist to be played at my wedding (!) and then I would like to burn a few audio CDs...

I was wondering if it's possible to crossfade the songs? it seems that in iTunes I can only burn an audio CD with no gaps between the songs...

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

2. parajba thread starter macrumors 6502

Hi!

Can anybody help me please? How can I create an audio CD and crossfade songs...?

Thanks in advance

3. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Under the iTunes Preferences > Advanced > Burning, there is a selection for no gap between songs. I've never burned a CD with that selection, so I don't know how it will turn out.

4. pkoch1 macrumors 6502a

pkoch1

You didn't really read the question, did you? haha.

I don't think it's possible to burn CDs with crossfades. You might need Waveburner or Toast (+ Jam?) to do something like that.

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

You will either need a CD player that supports crossfading or you will need to remix the tracks into 1 big track with the crossfades between each song.

6. ZZEPPOSS macrumors newbie

still no solution..?

I'm as well quite curious to solve this challenge..
    Important for me is to keep the tracks separated.
    Can you help?
    Tnx!

7. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

Think outside the box. Surely if you don't have an iPod then someone will be willing to give you one as an early wedding present. Instead of CD player->audio cable -> Amplifier + Speakers use iPod -> audio cable -> Amplifier + Speakers.

8. macman4789 macrumors regular

Garageband mixes the songs together, I've done it before but it will show as one track when you import the songs together

9. ReggaeFire macrumors 6502

First you need to make the mix, using whatever DJ software you prefer (or even just plugging your mixer into audio input device). Then import that mix into something like Fission to break the mix into separate tracks, then import into iTunes and burn with the no gap option on. You'll end up with a mix with both crossfades and broken into tracks that plays seamlessly.

10. Ned Nederlander macrumors newbie

Well that's interesting. Care to share with the rest of the class the steps needed to accomplish this ?

11. Ned Nederlander macrumors newbie

Never mind I figured it out.

12. ZZEPPOSS macrumors newbie

tnx!

hope to get that automated, so I can handle a few of my albums/playlists...