burning video_ts?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BigStrip, Sep 18, 2009.

1. BigStrip macrumors member

I posted this in the apps forum but no responds, I've got some movies in video_ts files I want to put on a dvd. How should I do it. I don't have any software like Toast or whatever, but can I do it with finder? If so, how? (be patient and helpful please, I'm new)

13" MBP (mid 2009)

2. airplaneman macrumors 6502a

3. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

I haven't tried it, but Disk Utility can create a hybrid UDF/Mac/ISO DMG. (DVD players need the video_ts on a UDF formatted disk.)

Using Disk Utility, try creating a new hybrid image "from folder". The source folder should be the enclosing folder - example "my_dvd/video_ts" and select "my_dvd" as the source. Select the hybrid format option. A new DMG file will be created. You should be able to burn the DVD from that (again, using Disk Utility).

I've always used Toast, so I've never tried the above procedure. It'll be interesting to see if it works.

4. hashkey macrumors newbie

I tried the hybrid option and it doesn't work to create something readable as DVD Video.
    DVD Imager creates an image that you can then burn in Disk Utility- it works under Leopard but it seems that Snow Leopard breaks it.