Business Email Signature??

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by brendangibson, Jan 4, 2014.

1. brendangibson macrumors newbie

I'm trying to find a cool email signature for my company to use. 3 of us are Mac users and the other guy is a PC guy. We all would use our business email on our iPhones as well. Is there any way we can do this for free? We'd like to add our logo along with icons to our social networks. Please help, guys!! Thanks.

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

You can customize your signature in your iPhone directly. However, no pictures/logos can be added, just text.

3. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

For a business, put your name, company name, phone number, and email in your signature. Your company's web address is optional. Make it look the same for all employees.

Skip the graphics, they don't add anything useful and take up bandwidth and screen real estate. Whether you use a Mac or PC is completely irrelevant.

Your email client (whether on a computer, tablet, or phone) is where you set up your signature and yes, it's free. But again, everyone's should look the same, and it should be short, sweet, and to the point (no graphics, logos, catchphrases, etc.).

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. Keep it simple and classy.

5. 7on macrumors 601

7on

As a webdeveloper I'd vote no to the graphics. MOST people don't even download them. I'd even venture that 10% of my inbox is from people who attach their signature graphics to their email.

My advice is to have someone configure the email at the server level to have a signature. Then there's fewer setup issues and you're guaranteed that Ted in accounting won't forget it one day. I worked at a company back in '07 that did that (IIRC) but they had theit own IT department

6. JUiCEJamie macrumors 6502a

JUiCEJamie

I listen to a podcast called Maccast, it's a podcast by Macgeeks, for Macgeeks. I think in the latest podcast it explained how the host made his signature (which is really cool).

Try Googling it for the website.

7. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Agreed.

Signatures with inspirational quotes and other such nonsense are just eye-rollers IMO.

Stick to business.