Buy a 6 or 6+, or wait for new iPhone??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sola77, Aug 11, 2015.

1. sola77 macrumors member

I'm currently prepaid and have an 16gb 5. I want something newer. I take a lot of pictures with my phone, so camera is important.

I cancelled my contract & went to prepaid with AT&T (cheaper) so I would be paying full-price for the phone.

I've been reading online about Verizon dropping 2-year contracts. Does this mean Verizon's Edge & AT&T's Next programs will be credit-check free? How does this work?

2. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

for AT&T Next/ Verizon Edge, they still run a credit check.

As for your title, it's all personal choice but most would suggest that you wait 1 month as Apple may announce the next generation after the labor day weekend. See what Apple next generation has to offer, if you think it's not worth it then simply buy the current generation.

3. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

Is there anything wrong with your 5? I honestly would hold out another month until the 6s is announced/released.

I'm pretty sure Verizon and AT&T will still conduct credit checks on new customers for the Edge and NEXT programs respectively.

4. sola77 thread starter macrumors member

My 5 is great. It's my husband's that is having the battery issue and just on the fritz. I would get the newer phone and he would get mine ; )

5. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

Hold onto your 5 until the 6S is out - making a bigger jump always keeps you happy with your new phone longer, simply because the improvement appears more drastic.

6. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

7. Broadus macrumors 6502a

I agree with the others about waiting a few weeks till the anticipated 6S is announced.

8. nia820 macrumors 68000

nia820

The 6s will be announced next month. Just wait to buy it.

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Wait, we're on the cusp of new announcements :)

As for the credit check question, you're entering into an agreement with a carrier, they want to minimize their risk so they will still run a credit check.

10. tcphoto1 macrumors regular

tcphoto1

I would wait since the new ones are so close.

11. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

12. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

I'd wait to see what Apple is brewing first. Reveal should be in 4 weeks. Even if your current phone died, borrow a phone or get a burner from Walmart until the reveal.

And what is your aversion to credit checks? If you're credit sucks try Sprint or T-Mobile and deal with a deposit if your credit is bad. Or better yet, stick with your phone and pay some bills first.

13. Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

Since you mentioned that taking pictures is important to you, then it makes a lot of sense to wait just one more month for the "S" release, since those are the iPhones that excel over their "regular" counterparts in the camera department. With the exception of the iPhone 4, the "regular" iPhones don't do much in terms of camera improvements.

14. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

With just under one month to go until we see the next phones, it would be silly to buy a 6/6+.