Buy a Macbook Pro now or wait til Sept?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ump001, Jul 9, 2009.

1. ump001 macrumors newbie

Looking to a Macbook Pro. Currently a friend is able to get the macbook for me on a slightly discounted price as he's a teacher and i'll also qualify for a free ipod touch. This offer closes first week of sept.

I'm just thinking is anything else major changing hardware wise in sept. I know snow leopard is being released but i think that is available on a discount if you buy now til Dec.

Worth waiting til Sept, or no point?

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Not a chance. The new hardware revisions were just released in June so, the next revisions might end up being around November at the earliest.

September is usually the time of the year when new iPods or updated ones come out.

3. o2xygen macrumors regular

About 3 of these threads are started everyday, do a bit of searching please

4. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

don't mind him he's just mad somebody dropped a house on his sister.

I don't think you're looking at any major price or hardware difference in september. You can get snow leopard for $10 if you get it any time between now and SL launch.

If you need a computer get it. If not, well, see if you need on in september:cool:

5. airplaneman macrumors 6502a

Ah, you beat me to "the punch". Well, listen to him:). The only reason you would want to wait is to get the newer iPod (if the deal is still around!).

6. AnotherFanBoy macrumors regular

7. pratap21 macrumors member

If you are buying the MBP 13", you should get them from eBay.

The lowest I've seen is 1125$ incl shipping. Given 8% live.com cash back that comes to 1035$.

When the new systems come out, you can sell your system (if you want) for around 975-1000$ on craigslist and get the newer ones!

So basically for 50-100$ per upgrade, you can have the latest -- if you play your cards right

8. Frosties macrumors 6502a

Frosties

It would be small changes, I would see a change of the isight camera to the new auto focus one on 3GS included on the whole product line but that could also be for the next update after that.

9. vanc macrumors 6502

Shouldn't be major changes in such a short time.

10. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

If you need it, buy it now; if you merely want it, wait until September or later. To be honest, I doubt that there will be major changes appearing in the laptop line this September, but that does not mean you cannot buy a computer and enjoy using it in the meantime.

I'd alos suggest that you think perhaps of buying a refurb, as they are effectively new computers which come with all of Apple's warranties but at a considerable discount. Don't touch eBay, whatever the price; yes, there are happy customers, however, there are also those who have been scammed.

Cheers and good luck

11. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Yes, because the BUYER'S GUIDE has NEVER EVER been wrong before, EVER, and is the pinnacle of accuracy.

No new computer can happen until Clarksfield or Arrandale begin existing. End of story. September, nothing.

12. Virt macrumors newbie

Sorry to change the subject but aside from new mbps, is there a chance we will see an updated ipod touch or ipod classic before the end of the promotion?

13. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

The promotion exists to clear out old stock. We absolutely will never see a new one before the end. We'll see one the Tuesday after the promo ends.

14. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Yes, refresh cycle is in September, after the current promotion ends.

15. AnotherFanBoy macrumors regular

Ooo I see. You put it in bold, italics AND underlined it because that makes your point even stronger. You obviously misunderstood, I wasn't using the buyers guide as evidence to prove my statement. I was just putting it there for the OP to look at.

I'm glad you don't take these things too seriously though, it would be awful if you did....

END MY POST WITH UNDERLINED ITALICS AND BOLD SO PEOPLE NOTICE