Buy from AT&T or Apple

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by curtishd, Jun 7, 2010.

1. curtishd macrumors member

So I will be preordering but from who AT&T or Apple? Benifits to each...

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Pre ordering thru Apple guarantees a phone for you, they may not have one by the time you get to the store, but you are placed in priority.

Pre-ordering from AT&T guarantees a phone with your name on it. So no matter when you go pick it up, it'll be waiting.

3. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

From my experience i would go with apple. I pre ordered the 3gs rather late and still got it on release day. Apple overnights the phones at no charge.

4. doubleatheman macrumors 6502a

doubleatheman

AT&T Pre-Order info:

Preordering
    Consumers may preorder iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS 8GB at AT&T retail stores or online at www.att.com/iphone beginning June 15. Business customers can preorder through their AT&T sales representative or by visiting AT&T’s Premier site. For greater convenience and faster delivery, preorders can be shipped directly to a customer’s home or business for delivery as early as June 24. Customers can also have a preorder shipped to their local AT&T store for pick up on or after Friday, June 25.

http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=18004&cdvn=news&newsarticleid=30863

It's weird that AT&T pre-orders are held back a day. Which is actually perfect for me... Because on the 24th I'm on a long road trip for vacation on i5 down the center of California... on the 25th, my Hotel is .4 miles away from the AT&T store I am going to have my iPhone shipped to.

5. dave006 Contributor

dave006

Well, AT&T has to receive the bulk shipments from Apple and then redistribute to the individual retail stores.

Last year, AT&T had major issues meeting the launch day deliveries (home or in-store) due to the limited quanitites they received from Apple. There were many very unhappy customers that had ordered from AT&T. Check the forum if you don't want to take my word for it.... it was very ugly.

Who would have guessed that Apple would supply Apple stores first.

Dave

6. Craiger macrumors 6502a

Craiger

Definitely ordering from apple if it's going to take an extra day to get to AT&T. I just didn't want to make the 45 minute drive to nashville.

7. ZGXtreme macrumors regular

ZGXtreme

I too was going to go through ATT and have it shipped to their store in lieu of my apartment. I could have it shipped to my home, but delivery times vary so I am not quite sure I could be home at the time of delivery. Plus I'd prefer not wait til the day after.

The Apple Store seems to be the best route as of now, which makes it worth the drive down into the city. Hell, guess I can get my first taste of the launch day atomosphere!

Looks like the